Thread: Just wondering

Thanks

Default Just wondering

How many days does it take your body to adjust to a new amount of Prednisone? 7.5mg to 5mg?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'll ask the same question. I'm not liking the smaller dosage. How long to get used to it

Thanks

It could be really different for everyone. What I've found is that it takes anywhere from 3 days to a week for me to adjust to a different dose, depending on how severe the flare has been for me. This also may not be what you both want to hear, but I've found for my body, that less than 10mg does absolutely nothing for me. I do best on 30mg, that gets rid of the flare right away, and while I'm on 15-25mg I feel pretty good. As I gradually lower the dose, as I am told to, I'm usually feeling better so it doesn't matter, but I don't see any difference in taking 5mg or taking none at all. So I don't take prednisone unless I'm in a major flare, and my doctor tends to give me a strong dose, wean me off, and then keep me off for as long as possible.
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to brandichi For This Useful Post:

Nonna (05-15-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I only needed 10 to stop this last one, but I can't seem to get off it. My Rheumy is trying to get me off by lowering 1 MCG at a time. In the past the pain has always gone away. This time it hasn't.

Nonna.