Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What jobs do you guys have?

Thanks

Thanks Tgal, I am too fatigued to cry or scream, I want to do things but I do not have the ambition nor the energy to do them however I do know that I need to get out and do something. We are living in a fifth wheel parked at my sister-in-laws place. my insurance runs out at the end of the month and after that if I don't get on medical or the new insurance we are checking out accepts me with a pre-existing condition I don't know what is going to happen.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Scubagamplit;
    Have you considered applying for General Relief? It is not much at all, but it is something that may help until you are approved. If you are eligible for GR, you may also get food stamps as well as Medi-Cal.
    It might be worth looking in to in order to tide you over while waiting for approval. I pray that things begin to work out for you, you have had to deal with so much. I know how it feels to be too tired to move, but please try not to let depression set in too deeply. Remember that we are here for you, I only wish that we could do more!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I manage a pediatric dental practice....2 doctors, two offices. I have a lot of flexibility due to my longevity with this office and a good boss. I have a daughter slightly older than you who has Lupus too and she is getting ready to start nursing school.
    Andrea

Thanks

Susie, I have started the process for medical, just waiting at this point. This is the first time that I have heard of general relief, do you have any more info on this or would I get any info if I googled it?
    Pandagirl, if you have any spare energy I would love to have some)
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

Scuba..I wish I had extra to spare..I am pooped out at the end of the day. I go to bed early..even if I don't fall asleep right away..I need to just chill out a bit. My daughter has the chronic fatigue type symtoms with the Lupus..luckily I don't for the most part...tons of other "stuff" but that is not one of my main complaints hang in there!!
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I used to have a job but quit it in May and have been at home since, now in the process of waiting to hopefully be approved for disability so I can start figuring out what to do with my life without the stress of working myself to death. The chronic fatigue part of Lupus sure sucks, I have it as well and it drives me crazy, never, ever rested.
    Hope things work out for you Scuba.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Scubagamplit:

The General Assistance or General Relief (GA/GR) Program is designed to provide relief and support to indigent adults who are not supported by their own means, other public funds, or assistance programs. Each county's GA/GR program is established and funded (100 percent) by its own Board of Supervisors. As the state is not involved in this program, benefits, payment levels, and eligibility requirements will vary among each of California's 58 counties. For further information or to apply for the GA/GR Program, contact the Department of Social or Human Services in your county of residence.
    Many recipients of GA/GR are also eligible to participate in the Food Stamp (FS) Program. The FS Program is designed to raise the level of nutrition among low-income households. For additional information on the FS Program. To apply for GA/GR and/or FS Program benefits, contact the Department of Social or Human Services in your county of residence:

Here is the contact information for the Alturas Office, Alturas, CA 96101, (530) 233-6636

I hope that this is helpful information. Let me know if you need anything further

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie

Last edited by Saysusie; 09-04-2010 at 01:46 PM.
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Denny - that is a tough decision to make, especially in your situation. I don't know how the LP associates do it at my store.. I work at a Home Depot in SE Michigan. I can't imagine the difficulty you're facing. I know it's a personal choice for each person, I wish you luck.
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks

I just come across this thread, I remember reading it before. I thought that I replied to it....obviously I didn't.
    I am a primary school teacher, currently teaching Year 6 students (11 year olds). I LOVE it, but it has been difficult with Lupus. I have many strategies to make the day easier for me. I am just waiting for me to be in remission then I can be my old self again!
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the WHL.

I was born with Lupus but my symtoms started at the age of 5yrs and i realy started feeling the affects as a teenager and at 18yrs i was working and went severley depressed and since then one thing after another as esculated and i'm 42 now, so i have'nt worked for years and are unable to as i have alot of complications besides Lupus but i wish you all the best with your life.

Terri x