Thread: Mamma Drama is OVER!

Thanks

Default Mamma Drama is OVER!

My mother finally called on Saturday. We had a nice chat. I had to basically inform her what Lupus is, and we just chatted for a while. It was nice. I called her today, and she had missed the call, as well as one from HER mom. So I think that maybe her phone is messing up.

It was just nice to chat with her. I miss her so much. We live 2 hours away from her, and even though we never had the tightest of bonds, it's still lonely to be far from her.

OK... question. My scalp is driving me CRAZY! It started itching Thursday, which I attributed to being dirty. (The roots and scalp hurt when it gets too oily) It wasn't oily though. It's odd, because I usually can't go more than a day or two without washing it b/c it gets oily.

Anyways! It's not oily, and when I washed it... well... now it itches like CRAZY! I have no idea what this is all about. It kinda hurts a little to scratch. It's kinda tender to the touch.

Also-- It looks thinner. Visibly. But my friend told me last night that it's still pretty. You can't see through it or anything. And my SIL told me today that it doesn't look too different to her. My friend has colored and styled (flat ironed-ha!) my hair in the past, and knows it's texture/thickness better. It used to be a fine texture, but there was a lot of it! So it was silky, but still had body. Really pretty. (The one thing that I thought was pretty about me. *lol*) But now... I don't know. I can get used to it. I think I'm going to get it cut soon. I think that will make me feel better about it all. (Probably the inverted bob/a-line bob. My usual. *lol*)

I'm just wondering what the itchy scalp is all about? I haven't switched shampoos, and I DID flatiron my hair Saturday. But I only went over the middle and ends b/c it was acting weird and wavy.

(Also--the soles of my feet itch. No fungus or anything or Athlete's Foot... I checked. *lol*)

I'm sorry if I seem to be all worries and questions. It's hard to figure this all out, and I can't really ask anyone I know irl, because they just shrug and say "I don't know." lol

Also-- Happy Mother's Day, mommas! *big hugs*

Thanks

Greetings, I know that I have had issues of an itchy scalp, come to find out I had had a bunch of little pimple like itchy things on my noggin. Quite the neusance( I don't know how to spell either), I also get little rashes in various spots on my body that itch like crazy, a little cortizone helps those but I don't know what that would make your hair look like, maybe a little greasy but worth a try if it gets too bad. But then again I can just put on a hat.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

The scalp is driving me NUTS. I'm going to check in the morning to see if I can see anything on my scalp. It's just... ugh. And it hurts to scratch it, so I'm tapping it. (Sounds odd maybe, but it works!) So... yeah. *lol*

I wish I could do hatsss... I only have a winter hat. I'm going to see if hubs can get me this cute (and cheap! It's from Walmart!) wide brimmed straw hat. It's in a natural straw color, and doesn't look like a "church lady" hat, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I was out in the sun today. Not thinking about it. But that would'nt make my scalp itch, would it? Hmmm...

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so happy that you and your mother were able to have a nice chat and that the drama is over. I know that this must be a huge weight lifted off of you.

Your scalp issues may be due to lesions/rashes in your scalp. This is, unfortunately, quite common amongst us Lupus patients. The hair loss/thinning is also quite common. The hair does eventually grow back however.

Mention the scalp issues to your doctor so that the two of you can determine exactly what is going on and what would be the best treatment. I wish you luck.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!