Thread: Stomach Flu and I got both flu shots this year! :(

Thanks

Unhappy Stomach Flu and I got both flu shots this year! :(

So thursday night I went to bed around 11ish and as I was laying there I started feeling nauseous and thought maybe I was having indigestion from the pregnancy. So I got up and ate a popsicle which helped and went to bed. An hour later I woke up and felt even worse than before. I actually had to get sick this time. After I did I thought maybe it was still bad indigestion so I took a few sips of water and took a Zantac. (I already have GERD from the lupus so I figured it was worse because of the pregnancy and since I couldn't take my prilosec anymore.) Well lets just say that didn't work either. I threw up every half hour for the next 5 1/2 hours. I got maybe an hour of sleep. By 6 am I was at the emergency room and they put me in labor and delivery to monitor me and the baby. I even got sick twice..once on the way there and then once when I got there. Every time I got sick my whole entire body tensed up and it hurt sooo much especially in my entire stomach. So that totaled a whole 16 times I threw up within 6 hrs(yes I counted). They found the babys heartbeat was in the 150s and she was fine. Me however I had alot of ketones in my urine and my heartrate was 85. My bp was alright at 120/70. They hooked me up to an iv and gave me a whole bag of saline, a whole bag of glucose and a shot of Zofran(anti-nausea/vomiting med usually given to chemo patients). I was there for 4 hours for treatment. I finally got a little more sleep and was able to take my meds and keep them down thankfully. I drank iced down gingerale the rest of the day. My body was so sore I could barely walk. I got a rash and it felt like some of it may have been arthritis because it mainly went from my lower back down my legs into my feet. Had low grade fevers and a bad headache. Still didn't get much sleep last night. Haven't eaten much today but doing better. Not hurting that bad at least but still having headaches. It's slowly subsiding. I have not gotten sick like that since I was probably 8 years old. I got both flu shots this year too. So much for that lol I just hope no one else has to go through that pregnant or not cuz I really felt like I was gonna go insane. UGGGH! I hope you all are well. -Lupie Britt
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

You poor thing! Nobody should have to go through that while pregnant! I sure hope that you are feeling better by now.
    I once had food poisoning during my second pregnancy, and my poor daughter had kidney stones throughout hers. When you're pregnant, that sort of thing is so much worse.
    Gentle Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Awww sweetie! When I was pregnant w/my youngest my other son got an awful virus - throwing up and the runs! We were cleaning him up every 20 to 30 mins one way or another. Of course this lasted all night long. The next morning I started. Not much fun being pregnant & sick and trying to take care of a 1 1/2 yr old. I ended up in the hospital dehydrated and had to stay overnight. I remember how my whole body hurt so bad - felt like I'd been run over by a steam roller! I hope you are able to get plenty of rest & feel better.
    Lauren

4. The Following User Says Thank You to red246 For This Useful Post:

Nonna (05-11-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Here's a quick long hug, I know how you're feeling. I spent the first 7 months of my first pregancy flat on my bed.

We survive. We have to for our children. Feel better soon
    nonna

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 628 Posts

Whoa, that sounds like hell. 16 times in 6 hours. Your body took a beating. I'm glad youi got help at the ER, especially since you have a baby on the way. The last time I got that sick, it was food poisoning. An awful experience. I hope you are feeling better.

Rob

Thanks

So sorry that you're so miserable. You did the right thing by going to ER to prevent dehydration and to make sure all was well with the baby. Stomach viruses are just plain miserable and I hope the worst is behind you. Be kind to your digestive system as you recover and eat lightly until you're back on track and get your strength back up.