Thread: My mother has lupus and lives in SW FL

Thanks

Unhappy My mother has lupus and lives in SW FL

My mother is 70 and is living with lupus in Marco Island, FL. I joined this community so that I can continue to educate myself about the disease, and hopefully to learn from other seniors who are also affected with lupus. She could really use a support group but I haven't found one in her area.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Janaicfl:
    I am so sorry to hear that your mother is suffering from this disease. She is very, very lucky to have you and you are doing the right thing by trying to learn as much as you can about Lupus. Please read through the posts in our forums, read the stickys at the top of each forum. You will find that there is a wealth of information here. Also, our members are truly caring people who will always be here for you when you have a need. Welcome to our family

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janiacfl View Post
    My mother is 70 and is living with lupus in Marco Island, FL. I joined this community so that I can continue to educate myself about the disease, and hopefully to learn from other seniors who are also affected with lupus. She could really use a support group but I haven't found one in her area.
    One of the most important things a person with Lupus can have in their life is a friend and/or family member who cares enough to learn about the disease, and lend support. Many of us have gone through bad times when we had no support, no help at all. Lupus isn't nearly as big of a monster when you have a little help when facing it. This is really a great thing you are doing for your Mom. I know we have some members here from Florida, hopefully one of them will see this and have some info for you about a local support group. Welcome to our group.

Rob