Thread: My name is Melinda, and I have Lupus!

Thanks

Default My name is Melinda, and I have Lupus!

Well it only took 5 years to finally get a diagnosis, but finally my Rheumatologist confirmed that I have Lupus. On top of this, she says I also have Polymyalgia Rheumatica ... a double whammy!!! That's ok, I can handle it. Although some days I am not quite so sure about that.

I am a 57 year old female living in southeast Missouri. My husband and I are living our dream, we own a small 10 acre farm and raise Quarter Horses and Pygmy Goats. I applied for Disability and of course, was denied. So now we are in the process of waiting for a court date. My lawyer is 100% sure I will get it this time with all the medical documentation.

Even with all the medication I am on, I am constantly exhausted and ache. Just walking out to feed the horses does me in. Has anyone found a diet or vitamin supplement that will help over come some of this? Without the meds, I can hardly get out of bed in the mornings.

I am going to go now and check out some of the forums to see what I can learn.

Take care
    Melinda

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The only vitamins i take is what the dr's say i need to take. i eat the best that i can try to stay away from white food but that is boreing. i rest as much as i can going up and down the stairs wears me out most of the time so i try to make the best of the trips with my hands full when going to do laundry. I don't at this time have to take any meds accept the pain meds for my back pain my L4 and L5 disc are always inflamed called buldgeing disc disease, i could go on but don't like too. so just make sure you follow the golden rules rest, eat good, water is the best thing naturally for the body. have a great day
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

Hi Melinda. My docor has recommended the arthritis diet which consists of no red meat, limit chicken to 4 times a week. Limited dairy, avoid all forms of animal fat so dairy must be fat free. Avoid all processed food. Foods with antioxidants are good. I also take 4 Triple Omega caps a day. The diet is pretty hard to get used to. I have only been following it for about 4 weeks and have lost 12 lbs! So in that sense it is good! Good luck to you!
    Erin

Thanks

SOme medication takes a while to work.. Hydroxychloriquine itself take 6 weeks. Be patient and dont over do it. Your body says rest.. Rest! You may feel quilty or just have a mind that say go.. But rest.I applied for disabilty with NO lawyer in 2000 I was denied appealed 3 times! In 2003 I got permaanent disabilty and All the back pay from the first application. Don't stress...As for diet.. Lean animal protiens Chicken,fish, tofu,beans..And lots of color! Veggies, fruit! Pinapple had antiinflamatory effects to it! Sprouts can actually flare Lupus..Hope this helps..As for vitamins.. You should talk to your docter.