Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Heat is here! UGH!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default The Heat is here! UGH!

Well, it's only May 2nd and already feels like summer. So much for my feeling good. I have been doing pretty well since this past fall, but now that it's getting hot out it's a different story. Was only outside for a few minutes today ( from car to inside Lowe's) and already my chest hurts and all the other lovely problems came flooding back. Maybe I should move to somewhere w/mild summers. Don't think the kids would like it very much!
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hugs,

i went to a softball tournament this weekend for my granddaughters. Yesterday was great, cloudy and a strong wind, I was actually cold at times. today was hot and humid. I had a migraine by the 3rd inning. they lost so we come home by noon.

Oh did I mention I was in GA, I'm from NJ so I know what it's like there.

go with the flow. Beat the heat and sun, by following the rules as best you can.

HUGS

nonna
    Last edited by Nonna; 05-02-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks

I hate the summer heat and humidity. I do love the beautiful flowers and the fresh garden veggies. The AC helps handle the heat and humidity and I try to hide out till the sun goes down. Hang on we have a few more months of this!

Thanks

Cool

I used to live in South Texas, where it could reach 100 in February and still reach 100 in October. I stayed in air conditioned buildings most of the time there. Now we're living on the Central Coast of California. Folks here complain of the heat if the temp goes over 70. I'm LOVING it!! We just took a sunset walk on the beach, and I had to wear a jacket. It was sooo beautiful.
    He'll have to drag me kicking and screaming back to Texas in three years.
    Hugs,
    Marla the beach bunny

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I remember the Texas heat - grew up there - you couldn't pay me to move back! We finally got the rain storms today which helped cool it off some. I'm hoping the forecast doesn't change between now & Sunday - it's only supposed to be 68 for the high! Woohoo!
    Hubby put in a window a/c in our bedroom last night -- AAAHHHHH!!!!!! felt so good! Now if we could just finish getting the others in then we only have to get 2 more and we'll be ready for the summer. I don't see how people survived w/out air conditioning.
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Really you hate the heat? I don't like humidity really but when its warm out it really helps my joints feel a lot better so I always look forward to the summer for that part at least. But I live in Canada haha and we don't see heat for too long. I've been through -45C and also been through as hot as 35C (last years summer was unbelivable). But anything beats the miserable feeing caused by RAIN. It's too wet here on the west coast pretty much the majority of the year so its a solid reason why I want to move to the other side of Canada(Ontario). It's colder over there, but its dryer and it doesn't chill me right down to the bone and joint.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't like the heat or the humidity. I live on the south coast of California. I use the tanning beds when I can in the Winter here. It helps my arthritis. I know what they say about the tanning beds, but for me the good outways the bad. When it gets up in the high 80's and 90's I have to be careful of heat stroke. I had an episode of this last Summer. I have to keep plenty of Gatorade on hand. Water alone is not enough hydration for me when I get too hot.
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 05-04-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks

I don't like when it gets super hot here, then I feel like I'm wilting and just flop on the couch until it cools down. But right now is fabulous!!! Temps in the 60's most of the time, there's sun but not too much, and the days are getting longer so I can go outside for a while after work. Even better, I bought a swing with a canopy on it, so I can be outside more this summer without dealing with the butterfly rash or the sun boiling my skin - literally. This is my very favorite time of year, and I know it will only last another month so I'm trying to enjoy it.
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't like the humidity either, I don't know whether it's both or not cuz when it's hot in Jersey it's humid! Today is prettygood as long as I stay out of the sun - it's 78 right now. We just moved and we have plenty of shade in the backyard so I can go sit out there if I want too. Just trying to keep the house cool for now.

I haven't used a tanning bed in years! The last time I did I got a staph infection on my back - YUCK! I had some pain in my joints during the winter, but I kept warm cuz we had a wood burning stove in our old house. The heat for some reason makes me hurt more. Doesn't make sense. Just praying that this year isn't as bad as last.
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We have to worry about staph and infections from tanning beds and I worry when I go to the nail salon too. I heard, don't have a pedicure on the same day you shave your legs girls. We really don't know how clean the basins are that our feet go into.