Thread: Update on My Dad

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Update on My Dad

Dad went to his Dr. the other day and the Dr. ordered more tests, blood work, etc. He is not gaining any weight and they can't figure out why. The want to do a bone marrow type of test, but are afraid to do it because as I understand it, it is an operation and because of Dads age, 90, they are afraid to do it. One Dr. spent over a half of an hour talking and chewing out another Dr. because he let my Dad go so long without an appointment and without ordering more tests.

My Dr. thinks Dad may have a form of cancer that they haven't been able to detect yet through testing, etc. because of the large loss of weight. I hope that that is not the ultimate diagnosis, but it is hell not knowing what is wrong with him.

Thanks

Is your dads loosing weight the only symptom, or does he have any other problems?
    I am asking, because my MIL has started loosing alot of weight in her late seventies, now at age 85 she is skinny, but healthy. The doctors could not find any reason for her weight loss, they checked everything, she is fine. Actually she is in better shape than I am.LOL
    So maybe it is just your dads age.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi drink,

i am thinking about you, and sending best wishes to your dad. Sounds like he is finally getting good medical attention, so i hope they can find the problem.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My Dad has multiple problems, including lupus and a heart monitor so it is a complicated situation regarding his health.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I pray that everything go well for your Dad. We just had to put my father-in-law in a nursing home he is 95 and had lived by himself for 11 years since his wife died. He is in better shape than all of us physically but not mentally. Keep us informaned and best of luck with all of his tests. Love and prayers Bonita. This was our sermon in church this morning about reaching out to others with compassion and love.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Bonita:

Thanks for your response. I really don't know how much longer my Dad can keep going in his own home. He takes care of my Mom who is considered legally blind, plus mom is getting senile. Dads mind is very good, but his body is not.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am keeping you and your father in my prayers. The situation seems to be very stressful, especially given your mother's state. I know that this has been hard for you also and I am hoping that you are able to find some peaceful moments for yourself. Sending you warm hugs.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Saysusie:

My peaceful moments come from God. He will never give me more than I can handle.

DrinkofWater