Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Poor Kitty!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default My Poor Kitty!

Had to put my kitty smokers to sleep today she lost her fight with small cell cancer in her jaw. She was 13 yrs old so she lived a pretty long life! It doesn't make it any easier she was my baby girl. She is with god now and not in pain. may she rest in peace. 5-21-96 - 4-27-10
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dx. SLE June 2009

♪ Jen ♪

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cats are wonderful friends. They love you no matter what, they tell you when they've had enough. They take care of themselves, especially when you can't.

Here's a loving (((((((HUG))))))))for you and a sweet prayer for kitty,

nonna

Pepsi slept due to cancer 1987
    Sneeze slept due to degenerative neuro disease 1989
    Stormy slept because his kidneys were failing and after giving him IV's every night I could not handle it any more. 2007

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I'm sorry about Smokers Jen. I know just how hard this is, as I had to put my cat Buford to sleep a few years ago because of stomach cancer. He was 13 years old also. It was an awful day that still makes me sad even though it was many years ago. He came from the humane society, and after he was gone I immediately went and adopted another cat from them, my cat Sophie. I figured the best way I could honor his memory was to give another wonderful animal a home.

Cats are amazing animals, and pets of all kinds quickly become family, so losing one is very hard to deal with. I'm sorry you lost your friend.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 04-28-2010 at 04:24 PM.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are the one constant we have when it feels like no one else understands. I know this is a very hard time for you and my thoughts are with you

Thanks

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of hugs.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Pets really do become part of the family and its always hard to let them go,most of our dogs and cats came from the humane society and we dealt with their issues that they came with and all of them turned out to be the best pets ever, we lost our german shepherd dog last summer and me and my wife still miss him but we know that the 8 years we had him that he never wanted for anything,and in return he was fearless and totally dedicated to our well being and safety we were given a very special friend that no one else wanted and although the time seemed all to short we will always have memories of him and we know that he was content.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh SC...I'm so sorry. How very sad.

Thanks

Jen,
    I feel for you so much! She looked just exactly like my kitty, Bexar. We had to put both him and his best buddy, Kool Cat to sleep last August. They were both nearly 18 years old and could no longer get around or even groom themselves any longer. I really miss those two old guys. I'm so glad that we still have Casper and Dax. Cats are the best pets in the world!
    Gentle Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks for the hugs and thoughts! She was my baby girl I feel like I lost my child! Our other cats (kids) have been more effectionate today lots of lovies and staying close. They know I am sad and why! I had a dream about her last night, kind of corny, but she told me she was ok and I did the right thing. weird huh?... I'm not crazy!!! anyway we will miss our girl, thanks fir all of your support, u guys always seem to help me feel better.
    Dx. SLE June 2009

♪ Jen ♪

Thanks

i am so sorry for your loss. Hang on to those 13 years of memories. What a life she must have had. So many pets are abused and unloved, Consider honoring her by giving love to another pet. We have plenty of them that need somone to love them. Cats have a way of winding around your feet and all the while they are wrapping theimselves around your heart. BJ