Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so i have erythema nodosum and leukocytoclatic vasulitis......

Thanks

Default so i have erythema nodosum and leukocytoclatic vasulitis......

i went to the Rheumy today and this is what he told me i had.....i am still not convinced i dont have lupus though.

Thanks

Are these just "parts" of Lupus...being disected??
    Andrea

Thanks

Isn't vasculitis considered an autoimmune issue?

Thanks

i guess? im not familiar with either one of them, i have just read about them a little.Its weird, the doc perscribed me plaquenil and that is used for people with lupus, malaria, or rhumetoid arthritis right? I am also now on more prednisone.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Both of these conditions can occur by themselves. But from what I've read, they are both more commonly known to be associated with, or indicators of another underlying systemic disease, and that disease is quite often Systemic Lupus. So you have two conditions commonly associated with Lupus, and you are on plaqenil and pred, two of the most commonly prescribed drugs for managing Systemic Lupus. If it walks like a duck , talks like a duck... well, you know what I mean. Have you already received a Lupus diagnosis? If so, you just can't be "un-diagnosed", although it would seem many incompetent rheumo's are constantly trying to do that very thing.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 04-27-2010 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks

no he didnt diagnose me with anything but those two things. he said to come back in a month and we will do more bloodwork.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maegan View Post
    no he didnt diagnose me with anything but those two things. he said to come back in a month and we will do more bloodwork.
    Actually, I already knew that you didn't have a Lupus diagnosis, because you and I spoke about it in one of your first posts here, but I seem to have forgotten that conversation. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Rob

Thanks

Oh Rob, don't you just love that memory issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Actually, I already knew that you didn't have a Lupus diagnosis, because you and I spoke about it in one of your first posts here, but I seem to have forgotten that conversation. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Rob
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Memory Issues? What memory Issues?

Memory Issues? What memory Issues? (they suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk)

Thanks

yeah they suck, and then ya always have somebody that says I must have lupus cause I forget things too. They have no idea what we go through. Hope all works out for you. God bless. Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3