Thread: Info on White Lights/Lesions on Brain w/Lupus

Thanks

Post Info on White Lights/Lesions on Brain w/Lupus

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with some info on white lights / lesions on the brain and Lupus..
    I was dxed with Lupus in 2002 and in the last 2 years I have been having headaches at least 4 x's a week in the last 6 to 8 months it has become a daily headache with a few x's a week of getting a really bad one that will bring me to tears. Its not like a migraine. I have had migraines since I was about 12 or 13 off and on. This is different lights and sound don't bother it but I'm tired of my head hurting all the time. They have tried Medicines for Migraines and tension headaches. We have also did everything for a rebound headache even tho I didn't feel that is what it was, to be on the safe side. They have done CT scans and MRI. The last MRI which was a few weeks ago showed white lights (which from what I have read means white lesions). I'm waiting to have some vascular testing set up. The Dr said he wants to make sure I'm getting enough blood to my brain.
    I've tried reading info on white lesions online and what I can find I get really confused of don't understand or something so if anyone knows any info on this I would be very grateful for your help...

Thanks
    Melissa

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Melissa,

Have you ever heard of a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia (TGN)? Here's a link telling the details of the condition-

www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/trigeminal_neuralgia/detail_trigeminal_neuralgia.htm

I don't know if this is what you have, but it's one possibility you could consider. I was diagnosed with SLE in 2004, and I also have TGN. It causes sudden, severe headaches that are so bad they are debilitating. They are not associated with light. I control the condition, and the pain with a drug called Neurontin. It typically starts like a shock sensation in my jaw, and quickly goes into my head. The first time this happened I was taken to the emergency room and given Demerol, and it didn't even touch the pain, it was bad. White matter lesions are associated with many conditions, including TGN, and I do have a history of white matter lesions myself. I hope this info helps.

Rob

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

MeMelissa (04-27-2010)