Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone else have these symptoms?

Thanks

Giggle... sound like we could be Lupus twins!

Thanks

Hi. I have allmost those same uv reactions!!! I live in Florida and I love the beach. BUT....it virtually kills me to be out there. It feels like the sun penetrates my head through my hat..It causes a pressure sensation in my head. I feel sooooooo hot, just on my head and neck...I'm super dizzy the whole time these symptoms are happening. I get so hot on my head, around my ears, that I want to shave my head instantly!! The only thing that helps is going back in to the conditioned air...I hate it!! other than the joint pain, the heat sensitivity is my WORST symptom..i feel like im gonna pass out from it, I HATE IT!!! lol...I hope this helps..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giggle View Post
    hi guys

Out of interest, I was wondering if anyone else experiences these odd symptoms...

* severe UV light reactions, especially during a flare. If I am having a flare and am exposed to artifical UV lights, especially theraputic grade UV lights the following happens.... 1. My head instantly starts to feel warm, i feel light headed. 2. my eyes feel full of pressure, if fully exposed to the light then the vision fades from all around the outer of my vision until its completely gone. if the light source is off to one side, my vision fades from that point. My eyes feel like they are rolling back. 3. my head feels even lighter and i begin to lose consciousness.

* confusion/inability to talk/memory loss. Sometimes, quite often actually, i cant talk properly. I know what I mean, but what I say is not what i meant. Or, I will be part way through a sentence and its gone without a trace. Or a simple word I mean to say, i cant say it.

* when i feel dizzy, which is often, i walk into things. I will slightly veer to one side and am unable to control it, even if i recognise I am going in that direction.

* muscle weakness. like they just dont work, as much as i may push them. my grip is loose, or i just cant hold even a small weight, like the breadboard. im normally a very strong person.

* like a zapping feeling in your head. like sparks. it often happens when i have a 'headache' where my spine and skull come together.

thats all i can remember at the moment, these are the main ones i dont find described anywhere for lupus... i would love to know if anyone has similar symptoms.

Ari
    Oh my goodness!!!! Yesssssssss... I just posted on another thread asking if anyone else got that kind of reaction to UV lights. I was at a trade show and I immediately started getting SUPER hot like feverish hot and I knew a fainting spell was coming on because my vision got all funny.. this also happened in the morning when I went to Walmart- how strange. I haven't been diagnosed yet, but my doctor is adamant this is Lupus because of all my symptoms.
    I've had the dizziness for such a long time now I almost find it amusing! I'm just like you and I have fallen off chairs, walked into doors..you name it I've probably done it (in public too)
    Ive just recently noticed some muscle weakness as I am a very active person and I'm finding it more difficult to perform the exercises I used to daily.
    confusion is my middle name.. I have said for years now I just feel so stupid. The other night I left my house keys in the front door... OVERNIGHT! I've never done that, I don't know how I managed to leave them in the front door, I really dont.
    Anyway, it seems like many of us are on this same crazy train!!

Thanks

I forgot to wear my hat to work today (full of flourescent lighting), and now my face looks like my driver's license picture - YIKES!!! Lobster with boils on it! I have to wear long sleeves there, else my arms break out. The bad thing about those new bulbs, is that if you break one, you've got a hazmat situation with the mercury leak!

Ever get your shoulders all the way through a doorway, walking normally, only to kick the door post with your trailing foot? Down you go! How's that happen? I bring the term "klutz" to new highs (or is that "lows", since I'm on the floor so often?)

I can't remember the rest, and I can't type it anyway... So "ditto" to all of the rest of the above.
    Last edited by jmail; 02-08-2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Whose fingers are these?...

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Please everyone remember that having UV reactions often happens inside as well as out. Wear protective clothing and cover your computer screen in a UV protecting scree (yes, the puter puts out UV rays as well).

There is actually a "sticky" about photo sensitivity. It affects so many of us. I have to cover up in a 50 sunscreen all over my body, a special sunscreen for my face (and I can't really wear make-up because I have to keep re-applying it), long sleeves and usually a hat simply to go to the grocery store or a doctors appointment. When friends go with me they get so surprised that within 10 min I begin to turn bright red and start itching, after that I just feel burned and my whole body starts feeling like I was in a fight!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I also have all those prob.I react a little dif to uv .I get real red nerves some time itchy sick to my t.Feel like I am going to pass out but the kicker is I do not get so much in the sun Just the uv light .I never for get the first time I went in to a walmart how I felt I thought there was something in the air con..That was before I knew I had lupus. I have a uv light in my studio and I have spec. tubing on them and then I covered them in heavy duty plastic it has help a lot .I do not have those feelings .