Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just getting the stress out

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Just getting the stress out

Today has been painful... My lyrica isn't even cutting it. It's because I'm so stressed out about my littlest boy.
    I took him to the dr. today. He's been really cranky and cries alot... He says his toes hurt his ankles hurt his knees hurt and his back and neck hurt... well I thought it might have been the flu because he acts like a normal boy 80% of the time. The other 20% he's waking me up in bed saying he had a bad dream and he hurts... or he's mean to the animals that he was just playing with 10 seconds ago... or he's just starts bawling for no apparent reason. The doctor felt him where he hurt... he wiggled away when he got to where it hurt. The dr. didn't say much about it... he just said I would like to get blood work done it's not normal for a child his age to hurt in his joints. He went on with examination. He looked at me funny and asked me "Did he always have a heart murmur?" Oh CRAP (well the much more explicit word I thought in my head) No I answered. Well he has one now the boy's doctor replyed. He said it's not a big deal. It just could be the day... how he feels... that could cause it. He said if it's there in a month he's going to do an ecocardiogram.
    Well here's the thing with me..... I had a heart murmur until I was a tween. It was suppoused to have went away as I grew older. At times it feels like there is a butterfly beating against my chest, especially when I am stressed or lay down.
    My husband side of the family has enlarged organs (his brother who died at the age 31 complications due to the organs during a simple ankle surgery) epilpsie (both his sister and neice have this) and ankylosing spinolitis (inflamation between the joints in the spine and hips. Eventually the spine and the hips fuse together) Devan, my husband is showing sighns of this, my father inlaw has it and my grandfatherlaw died of it.
    Not only all this but his speach hasn't improved since we had tubes put in his ears for constant ear infections... he sounds like he's a two year old. I've been working hard with him and there is no improvement. I think a speach therapist would help... But I also think that a hearing test would be helpful to see if he has perment hearing loss due to the second set of tubes and the cronic ear infections that made his eardrums burst.
    The pain right now is so awfull. I can barely type like I use too. My legs are on fire and my back is in indescrible pain.
    hmmm I wonder how you guys deal with difficult stress like this.... suggestions would be nice.
    What do you guys think... Do you think I'm being an over parinoid mother by thinking this heart murmur could be connected to his joint pain or could be due to the crappy genetics from both his mother and father?
    Am I being to parinoid about his ears?
    The comments are always helpful and appreciated.
    A stranger is only family you haven't met yet.

Thanks

Take a deep breath. Ok now you battle everything one thing at a time. I would get a speech eval done and a hearing test. I have an autistic child, so I completely understand how overwhelming it is to be faced with multiple issues all at once. Dont freak out till you know there is a problem. You are in my thoughts and prayers I hope you get answers (and pain relief) soon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bamber For This Useful Post:

potts77 (04-27-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

No you are not being paranoid. You are being a good mother who wants answers about her son's medical problems.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DrinkofWtr For This Useful Post:

potts77 (04-27-2010)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree, you are not being paranoid. You do whatever you feel you must do in order to get answers and to provide the help to your son that you think he needs.
    So, if you think that a speech therapist will help...contact one and make those arrangements.
    If you think that his hearing has been affected..make arrangements for him to have a hearing test.
    If you think that genetics may be playing a role in his symptoms..bring all of this information to the attention of his doctor!
    You are a good mother, do not second guess yourself or decide not to take action due to fear that you may be over reacting. It is better to over react & find out that there is nothing wrong, than to do nothing and find out that there is a problem.
    I wish you the very best!! Keep us advised and I am keeping both you and your son in my prayers.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

potts77 (04-27-2010)

Thanks

Just to say I agree with everyone else. This is your child, of course you are worried. As for stress, theres no real answer for you at the moment, all the time you have worries about your son unfortunately you probably will suffer more. Wish there was something else to help you through this, thinking of you and your family, and sending hugs and prayers x
    mabeljane

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mabeljane For This Useful Post:

potts77 (04-27-2010)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Nothing worse than worry over a child. Please keep us posted and try to take care of yourself

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

potts77 (04-27-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi potts,

my oldest daughter went through the tubes in the ears, bursted ear drums, and a tonsilectomy by the age of 3.....so much worrying about these little ones that we love with every inch of our hearts. I agree with everyone else.....NO, you are not paranoid, and you have every right to keep pursuing until you get answers. These are our babies, we are in charge of their care, and they rely on us for everything.

i hope your son's pediatrician is a compassionate dr., and that he/she can take all of your medical history and that he/she will help you find the drs. who can help you help your son....
    Phyllis

share a smile today

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mountaindreamer For This Useful Post:

potts77 (04-27-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you all for your kind words and caring thoughts!!!
    He's been having alot of melt downs and my father and my husband seem to think it's temper snits... I think it's due to he doesn't feel well... Or maybe he is having temper snits... Daniel boy only knows. Yet he acts like a typical boy at times... jumping in puddles, jumping off his and his brothers bunk bed... taking all the keys off the keyboard so mommy and daddy have to figure out what goes where. So far we didn't missplace a button on the board... I can still type. *giggle*
    The day after I wrote my first post I found out his blood work was mostly noramal. His white blood count was high and his platlets were low. That's it... he's got an infection of some type. (I would have posted it then but that's when I was trying to figure out where to put the keys back on the keyboard)
    We spoke to the experect at the elementry school yesterday. He did some tests and he would like to put him in the special preschool there in the elementry for kids with developmental issues. On the 25the of may Daniel will be seeing his doctor to see if his heart murmur is still there or not. I hope not... The same day he's going to a speech therapist. It's looking up.
    A stranger is only family you haven't met yet.

Thanks

My brother had rheumatic fever as a child...sounds familiar...rheumatic fever is really just advanced strep which can cause all of his symptoms..including heart murmur..I would ask, it can't hurt.
    Andrea

Thanks

Good luck to you Potts,
    Did you happen to see Good Morning America today? They were talking to Rosie O'Donnell about how she pursued the problems that she noticed her son having at about the same age as yours. He had some sort of deficit with his hearing and the way that his mind processed what he heard. Because she was persistent about getting him some help, he had the right kind of therapy and is a bright, normal teen today. Follow her great example and keep pursuing any lead that you might find.
    Take time to take care of yourself and de-stress, too. You won't be able to help Daniel if you are horribly sick yourself.
    Hugs to both of you,
    Marla