Thread: Just thoughts

Thanks

Default Just thoughts

Hi everyone,
    I was just recently officially diagnosed with SLE, I have known for some time that i have Hashimotos. It seems that since my diagnosis I have had one problem after another with issues related to the inflammation, almost like my body is saying"ok, now she knows..lets hit her with it all"! I am worried about the future, especially my career and the plans I have. I have been accepted into a Family Nurse Practitioner program and even though I feel it will ultimately lead to a less physically demanding job ( I am a floor nurse now), I worry about the stress of working and going to school for the next two years.'
    '
    I just dont want to let anyone down.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hugs Sherry, I know exactly how you feel. I'm in the same boat. Let the new meds kick in for a few months. Go with the flow of your life; trust in yourself and the Lord. You will have days that are bad and days that are good. Think about talking with those at work and at school, sometimes honesty is the best policy. I found my boss much more understanding. she won't let me blame Hashimotos or Lupus and she tells me I can't quit because of it. Go Figure.

The only person you can let down is yourself.
    Remember that.

Nonna

Onward and Upward, Living to the best of my Ability

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Sherry47 (04-23-2010)

Thanks

I often feel the same way. I really don't want this Lupus to cost me anything. I love my job, and I make good money. The idea that over time I will get to a point where I could lose my job terrifies me,but, I can't let it take my joy from me. As long as I can keep working, and keep my life together, I will fight and that usually means taking a few extra steps to take care of me.

Although I do have to admit I have not told my boss I have Lupus, because I worry she may be one of those bosses that will look at me as less of a valuable employee and perhaps look for reasons to get rid of me before my disease becomes a problem for her.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to teresaa40 For This Useful Post:

Sherry47 (04-23-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You can only do what you can do. Take it one step at a time and see how work and the schooling go. You will never know how it will go until you give it a try.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

"DITTO"....Nothing beats a failure but a "Try"!!! Take care of yourself but do not hinder your possibilities with fear!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I am just going to keep plugging along, and just worry about the day at hand. Thats easier said than done but I'm determined!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good for you! Here's a ((((((HUG))))))) for you!!!!!

Nonna

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Sherry47 (04-25-2010)