Thread: Arm Pain

Thanks

Default Arm Pain

Hi everybody,
    I had to go back to the doc today, I have been having the worst pain in my right arm. Sometimes it feels like an electrical current is being applied, and my thumb and index finger get numb. She injected some steroids and I had an ultrasound to r/o a DVT and I am supposed to call her in the morning if I am still in pain, which I am.
    Has anyone else had similar problems?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've not had that exact type of pain. However, Lupus patients are prone to chronic Paresthesia (i a sensation of tingling, pricking,numbness, and pain). Chronic paresthesia indicates a problem with the functioning of neurons and/or irritation to the nerve due to inflammation to the tissue caused by connditions such as Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or other auto-immune disorders.

Medications offered can include the immunosuppressant prednisone, intravenous gamma globulin (IVIG), anticonvulsants such as gabapentin or gabitril and antiviral medication, amongst others, according to the underlying cause (such as Lupus). Mention this to your doctor to see what type of treatment he feels is necessary. I wish you the very best!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!