Thread: Systemic Candida?

Thanks

Default Systemic Candida?

I started getting increased eye symptoms the day before the Sjogren's Conference. I only went to work two days the following week (last week) due to what felt like a swollen throat and fatigue (not that anyone can relate ). I was off work on Monday and started getting cold symptoms and an obvious yeast infection. When I brushed my teeth and tongue, I noticed white stuff on my tongue and when scraped off, red ulcers beneath. I'm thinking it's thrush.

I'm wondering if I have systemic candida and my body is fighting it off-resulting in my feeling like garbage? Anyone else have experieenced this?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There's a thread about that recently.

If there's something red underneath, or any bleeding, it may very well be thrush. Larz and I talked about this I think last month. He said the doc told him taking a sample of it can't really tell if it's thrush because you already have yeast in your mouth. I thought that was interesting. I had what felt like a sore throat before I got thrush. White coating everywhere, even around my teeth. Looked like little plaques and when I wiped them away or brushed, there would be red places underneath. I described it to the nurse over the phone and she said it was thrush. Later, my tongue was still white looking but not coated anywhere. I had a doctor look at it and she said she didn't think I had it anymore. I'm waiting to show it to my rheumy and see what she says. We treated it with a lot of diflucan and magic mouthwash. I also dissolved acidophilus caplets on my tongue.

A yeast infection can make you feel awful. So sorry you're down Bonusmom.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I had thrush a few months ago and it sounds exactly like what I went through. The doctor gave me a gargle that cleared it up right away and took the soreness out. Hopefully you feel better soon!

Thanks

Since I hadn't received a response to the email I sent my rheumy yesterday, I saw my GP today.

I feel just wiped out and am also having shortness of breath. My pulse was 122. She said my heart's beating a little fast, but lungs sound clear.

My tongue looks like the tongue of a sick person, she said. No fever. No vomiting. Positive for vaginal yeast infection. She ordered labs and said she'll contact me with the results.

I told her that I just don't feel well.

Then she asked me if it could be anxiety????

Aarrggggghhhhh....I'm not anxious and have actually been relaxed of late and not feeling depressed. It just irritates the heck out of me when a doctor can't figure something out, they assume it's anxiety/mental issues.

When a child is lethargic and sleeping a lot or a pet doesn't have the pep they usually do, are they assumed to have depression and anxiety issues?

I didn't think so either....

Thanks for the feedback abbasgirl and tgal and also for listenting to my rant.

Thanks

Hey BonusMom,
    It sure sounds like you have systemic candida going on. Hopefully, some Diflucan and some Monostat will clear it up for you. Your doc should probably also give you some of that awful tasting purple stuff for your mouth. I hate to say this, but your hubby should probably take a Diflucan too, or you will re-infect each other. That's what we've always had to do.
    I hope that you feel better soon.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Bonus Mom:

Sounds like Candida to me. I have had what they call the "Yeast Connection" for years. An overgrowth of yeast in the body due to poor diet, lots of antibiotics, stress, and other factors. The infection gets cleared up with antibiotics, but the overgrowth is always there. Anything like stress, a course of antibiotics, yeast type foods will push it over the edge and I end up with another Candida infection. Take care and try to avoid the above.