Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knee pain especially on steps...

Thanks

Default Knee pain especially on steps...

I was wondering if anyone has severe pain in their knees? Mine feel like someone hitting me with a ball bat when I try to climb up or down steps. Also when I try to stand from a seated position. I have about 6 steps into my home...then my bedroom is upstairs. Needless to say many nights are spent downstairs... is this a 'normal" Lupus thing? I have other joint pain but nothing as bad as the knees. I feel like I am becoming a prisoner in my home because I hate climbing the steps, since the pain sucks the life out of me. I love the spring so I am praying for good days so that I can go out and work in my flower beds and garden. Thanks for being here! BJ

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh that sounds familar to me and probably a lot others. Good old arthritis and lupus plus getting old. Hope it gets better. My methotrexate has helped my joints. Bonita

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonita For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (04-28-2010)

Thanks

i haven't gotten arthritis ever since i was diagnosed with lupus, but when there is a rainny day back then my arthritis would kick in.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to capncrunch For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (04-28-2010)

Thanks

I havent been diagnosed, but I too have this horrible pain in my knees. It is not always both, but it is definitely there when I walk up and down stairs. Thank goodness there are only four steps into my house and the rest is flat. I refuse to go upstairs at my moms because it brings me to tears.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bamber For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (04-28-2010)

Thanks

Oh yes!! I think the Plaquenil has improved it a bit, but there are some days (mornings especially) when my knees sound like Rice Krispies (and feel horrible)!! My bedroom is also on the second floor.. there are times when it will take me quite some time to get up or down the flight... I'm curious to find out why sometimes the crackles & pops subside for awhile.. I'm assuming when they do make the sounds, it's because they're inflamed. I'll have to ask next time I see my rheumy.
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity81 For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (04-28-2010)

Thanks

My knees flare and then quiet down..the anti inflams help and sometimes I ice when bad enough. I also try to take it a little easy on the flare- up times..no heavy bending/ excessive steps
    Andrea

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pandagirl For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (04-28-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah, it sounds familiar. I've only had it a few times, but about a month ago, I couldn't walk for a week. My anti-inflammatory is helping, but it doesn't always work 100% and sometimes not even 85%. Hope you feel better soon. It's not fun to sleep downstairs when the bed your used to seems so far away.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wolfwhisper For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (04-28-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have pain in my knees all the time but its worse in the left one. Going up and down stairs is painful and I crack with every motion, even when walking on flat ground, and I'm not even close to old yet! I use a knee brace a lot because sometimes it will even give out on me.
    Do you ice your knees? Have you tried using Ice Gel? I swear by that stuff, would bathe in it if I could.
    Hoping you feel better

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunniebun For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (04-28-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well my story is joint pain in the knees. I think from lupus, arthritis and being overweight. I live in a second floor apt. and it is up and down the steps all the time. It always hurts and I have to take them one at a time and stop every step. Eventually I make it up all the stairs. Unfortunately, no downstairs apts. were available when I moved here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DrinkofWtr For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (04-28-2010)

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for being slow to reply been down and out again. I never had arthritis except in my neck before this lupus diagnosis a little over a year ago. This is every day rain or shine. I went to the rhumy today and he gave me cortizone shot and upped my meds. Hope it helps. Thank you so much.