I am new, but it is great to be a part of this forum of support and sharing of difficulties and symptoms related to Lupus.
One thing that has helped me, but I have not seen mentioned yet in the topics or replies I have read so far is adjusting diet.
4 months ago, I was feeling terrible and getting worse every day. I started reading different sources on the web regarding Lupus and discovered that I needed to completely alter my diet because everything I was eating was contributing to inflammation and thus pain, almost intollerable pain. Things like tomatoes, potatoes, white sugar, white flour, red meat, salts, chocolate, milk and many more. Additionally, I found that Aspartame and fluoridated water has been found to not only contribute to, but trigger Lupus!! But there is hope. It took a little shopping around, but I have found products that can replace to an extent my diet treats like chips, crackers, carafection (date sweetened carob, a chocolate substitute) soy ice cream, honey sweetened granola. I have to shop at different Natural/Health Food stores, but I can eat without missing out on some of life's food pleasures.
My mainstay is low-salt tuna and salmon with rice cakes and lettuce. Thank God, these, in addition to a nutritional supplement have helped turn my life around and get back to being a father, have a life after work so that I can be with family and exercise instead of crashing on the couch for the rest of the evening. It has been 4 months now, but I started feeling better after 30 days. Please see my homepage listed in my forum profile for more of my story.