Thread: HA's, Low Grade Fever and more

Thanks

Default HA's, Low Grade Fever and more

I've been battling HA's over the past few weeks. Initially, I thought it was due to a new anti-depressant, but don't feel that the meds are the cause because they still persist after two months.

Since returning from the Sjogren's conference, I have felt very run down and like I was getting the flu. On Weds I was feeling some tightness in my chest and then my throat felt weird and I had a low grade fever.

This morning, I awoke with a swollen throat, although it doesn't hurt to swallow.

The last time this happened my doctor said it was just a virus and it went away a few days later. I hate to run to the doctor every time this happens, but am tiring of the HA's and am wondering if my swollen throat/fever/HA's are due to enlarged paratoid glands?

Any ideas or similar eperiences?

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Sorry you are feeling bad. What is an "HA"?

Rob

Thanks

Sorry.......headaches.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

There are several symptoms that can be attributed to swollen Parotid glands, but I did not see recurrent headaches as one of them. However, persons with Sjrogren's syndrome often get swollen Parotid glands. Viruses can also cause this and it is usually Mumps (if you haven't had it as a child). The other viruses are influenza, and bacterial infections, including staph can also involve the parotid gland. Rare conditions causing parotid swelling include salivary stones, tumors, autoimmune inflammations(Sjogrens syndrome), sarcoidosis and reactions to medications(thiazides).
    If your parotid glands are swollen, I don't think that it should be a problem that you contact your doctor about this. I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!