Thread: hello!

Thanks

Default hello!

hi everybody!

i am 27, have a wonderful *daugher of 3(love of my life), a job i am proud of*, and i have not been diagnosed with lupus.
    i have been having some symptoms. i joined on some other sites looking for answers but everyone on here seems much more active so that's why i am here.

i'll try to summarize myself and not write a novel this time. lol!

i've had a history of rashes--they've been diagnosed as ringworm to allergic reactions. they always come back.
    i am always stressed and always tired (see *section 1*) lol
    periods of joint pain, at one time it was so bad that it interfered with my work
    explosive symetrical facial rash

most recently i went to the dermatologist because i have a rash on both forearms. it looks like circular raised scaly (ugly) itchy things.they don't get bigger or smaller, they just pop up, and more recently, pop down.....meaning they look like flat scars now. the doctor said i have seborrheic dermatitis but i don't believe him. so i have an experiment to try:

on the next sunny day i have off work (if that ever happens) i will expose one arm to the sun while keeping the other one covered. seborrheic dermatitis responds well to the sun while lupus generally does not. i will take before and after photos too.
    hopefully i will have some evidence to take to my next doctor.

so....thanks for listening and if anyone has any relatable experiences, i would love to hear them!

good luck to everyone and thanks again.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Red_ironoxide;
    Welcome to our family. Even though you are not diagnosed, you are still very welcome here. If you believe that you may be suffering from Lupus (or from any of the 100+ auto-immune disorders), this is the place to be.
    While your rash does sound like one of the Lupus rashes, without blood tests etc. , it is impossible for us to say if they are indeed Lupus rashes. I applaud you for the incentive of taking the test. I hope, however, that if it is Lupus and it reacts negatively to the sun exposure, that you do not suffer from any other symptoms worsening as a result. Unfortunately for us, sun exposure can cause flare-ups in more areas than just our skin. So do be careful, please!
    We are here to help you as much as we can. Hopefully you will not have Lupus, but if you do, we will do all that we can to help you understand this disease, how it affects you, and to offer you advice and support.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!