Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: speech coordination

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    I went away for a weekend leaving a dictaphone at home with two days work in, ready to take to the office to be typed on my return. My landlord used the weekend to fix my bathroom ceiling. When I came home I couldn't find the dictaphone. There would be no benefit to my landlord in stealing it. This was several months ago and I haven't found it, despite numerous searches. I had to do the work again. It really bothers me.

Hugs, I need lots of those!
    I bought my girls cookbooks the other year for Christmas. I got them during the fall and put them somewhere safe - I didn't find them until we moved in April! Swiss cheese memory is an understatement I think. LOL I'm at the beginning of a bad flare and my words have been getting all mixed up and I can't comprehend anything - no matter how many times I read it. Thank goodness my boys are pretty easy to teach - otherwise we'd be in BIG trouble!
    Lauren

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

OMG you have no idea how many times I put things away so I don't lose them and then have no idea where they are! Every day it is a search to see where I put something. I bought sausage one night for dinner and when I went to cook it wasn't there. I was so upset. I just knew that I had left it at the store. I found something else to cook and went to get the spices out of the cabinet and, you guessed it, there was the sausage. Sitting there. Mocking me. Why I put it there I have no idea and I still have no memory of it.

Yesterday I saw the mail on the table and it turns out that I am the one that went out to get it but I have no memory of that. It scares me sometimes how many things I have no memory of. I have had two neuro psych exams in the last 6 months and both showed trouble with short term memory and motor skills. The latest one was worse then the first. At one time I argued with people when they said they told me something but I gave that up months ago. I always assume that I forgot because that is usually the case
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    At one time I argued with people when they said they told me something but I gave that up months ago. I always assume that I forgot because that is usually the case
    My kids always tell me I said something or that we talked about something and I always forget. Used to be that they were just trying to get away w/something - now I'm never sure whether we did and I just forgot or what!
    Lauren

Thanks

Some people here already know, that I am from Germany, I came to this country 30 years ago, when I was 25.
    Today ( bad fog day), I talked to my husband in german, he doesn't speak german, he kept saying " what"?, I would say the same thing several times and he just daid " what"?.
    After I finally realized it, I asked him why he didn't tell me that I was speaking to him in german, his answer was, " you sounded so cute".
    This has never happened to me, in 30 years.
    So if you have brain fog and speak more than one language, it makes for very funny and interesting conversations.LOL

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    Some people here already know, that I am from Germany, I came to this country 30 years ago, when I was 25.
    Today ( bad fog day), I talked to my husband in german, he doesn't speak german, he kept saying " what"?, I would say the same thing several times and he just daid " what"?.
    After I finally realized it, I asked him why he didn't tell me that I was speaking to him in german, his answer was, " you sounded so cute".
    This has never happened to me, in 30 years.
    So if you have brain fog and speak more than one language, it makes for very funny and interesting conversations.LOL

Debbie
    LOL! Too funny! Thanks for sharing that. I needed a laugh
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Have just read this thread, I sure need the laugh to Debbie-b.
    For ages I've been doing all the same weird things with words, the using the name of something I'm looking at rather than what I wanted to say gets some real strange looks and the family keep insisting they've told me things that I have no memory of. I was begininng to think I must be getting alkzimers, atleast I now know that I can talk to you all and you'll understand - I had to proof read this !!!!!! Its scarry at times, but now I can laugh with you all its great to have such an understanding site Thanks every one

Thanks

Wow, I just came back and re-read my original post. Things are no better, in fact, they're worse. I've started babbling at work, and that's a really bad thing when you are a 911 dispatcher. I handle the calls just fine, but, Im finding myself avoiding being a call taker because Im afraid there will come a point where I won't. I used to be so capable, so smooth in my handling of high stress calls, now, even the easy calls throw me. I can't think of how to ask a question, and I have no time to gather my thoughts, so, I forge ahead, trying to move quickly through the questions I need to ask, and sounding like a rookie dispatcher. I've been doing this job for 13 years, I was the best trainer in the center (no bragging, just remembering how good I really used to be realistically compared to now) and I worked my way up to supervisor. Im hanging on for dear life, just trying to stay employed at this point.

My memory is getting worse. Day after day I will forget little tasks I need to take care of. Important documents I need to get taken care of for insurance, or for my kids school wants me to come for parent teacher night, or my church will ask me to help out with a project, or anything that is not get up, get dressed, eat, clean, eat, nap, eat, go to bed, gets lost in a mish mosh of details that feel like they're swirling in my head. I write things down and still can't remember to do them. My daughter gave me a Christmas present last year that really should have been helpful to me. It was a tile in a sort of stand. It came with a dry erase marker, and all I have to do is write tasks on it and erase them when they're done. I keep it on my kitchen counter where I see it everyday. Sadly, things like, make dentist appointment for Matthew, will stay on that tile for weeks on end. I see it, I know I need to do it, but, then I forget. Poor Matthew has waited far too long to have his retainer adjusted, and does anyone else take up the charge to get these things done, oh no. I just end up feeling guilty when they don't get done because Mom's are supposed to be on top of this stuff. But Im not like other Mom's.

My granddaughter has been waiting three months for her birthday present, that I haven't even remembered to buy for her, and now Christmas is coming. I sent her brother a present the week after his birthday, but, what I didn't tell my daughter in law is that the present I sent had actually been meant for the previous Christmas and I just kept forgetting to mail it. I had completely forgotten until a week before Christmas when it was too late to get it there by Christmas, and I hadn't even gotten the gift I had planned to get for this same granddaughter, so, I went to Amazon.com and sent gifts from there directly to them, and paid for the gift wrapping. I handled it, in the end no one was the wiser but, still. It's getting ridiculous.

Hmmm, since Im up, and online, I better jog over to Amazon and just get it over with now before I forget again.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

yes, this is me. sometimes it's also hard to read words and keep them straight. I can't speak, or write, or read the way I once could. I find myself constantly correcting errors in spelling I haven't made since learning to first read and write. In these few sentences alone I have stopped and corrected several times already.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.