Thread: Hi Everyone!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Smile Hi Everyone!

My name is Christine and I was diagnosed with SLE 2 years ago this month at the age of 56. I also have RA and neuropathy in my feet. I am currently taking MTX by injection, prednisone, plaquenil, etc., etc. It seemed to work for a little while but hasn't recently. I will probably be switched to Imuran. I'm a little nervous about it and its side effects. I feel crappy alot of the time and, of course, have no energy at all. Most of the time I stay in my jammies. It is an effort just to get dressed.

This disease has so many facets to it that it gets me confused. If I have pain, is it lupus, RA or neuropathy? They all seem to blend together. I am depressed alot of the time.

I am learning to live with this disease but it is two years now and we are still looking for the right combo of meds. I am fortunate in that I have a very loving and supportive family.

Thanks

Welcome Christine,

I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much pain. I know what you mean about wondering where the pain is coming from THIS time. One of my frustrations is wondering if a new symptom is "just Lupus" or truly something new. I am not big on going to the doctor, and I hate taking pills, so, I try to manage the pain and the fatigue as naturally as I can. You have to do what works for you, and just lean on others to keep you going. This is a great place to vent, whine, cheer, support, chit chat, just in general be part of a community of people who share your experience.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Christine I was diagnosised 3 years ago at age 58. I am on the same meds as you and have been on immuran. I tolarated it well untill it made my white and red blood counts so low he took me off it. The methotrexate has helped with the pain and swelling from RA. Hope you feel better soon. These dieases are a mystery and a constant battle to stay above water so to speak but we are all there for each other. Bonita