Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ticked off!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy ticked off!!!!

So I have been have having migraines for quite a while now. They can be controlled for a while then the medicine quits working. I am mixing up my words more and more. So they did an MRI 2 wks ago which the radiolgist was kind of backed up so it took a while to get them read. My Rheumy calls me up and tells me that the MRi that was done in 2006 that I might add I WAS TOLD WAS COMPLETELY NORMAL was compared to to 2010 MRI report and they told me the radiologist recommended then in 2006 I should see a neurologist ASAP as there was an abnormality in my brain. But yet my dr. which I don;t see any more thank god told me nothing was wrong it was all in my head. So now I am being scheduled with a neurologist at the university of washington. I am so mad right now. So rheumy on the phone says u didn't know about the abnormal MRI? I said absolutely not. noone told me in fact they told me nothing was wrong. He told me to find a lawyer. I am so scared I don't know whats going on. I went shopping to at safeway to get some garlic bread for dinner last night and got a weird smell like burnig rubber and asked my hubby if he smelled it he he said he didn't. Shortly after that smell the back of my head hurt so bad I started bawling in safeway. Hubby loaded me in car and took me to ER. The Dr also looked at both MRI and agreed something is not right and suspects MS. Just what I need SLE and MS. I know that there are people on here with both, how do u cope? and Rob if you read this will you contact me? Scared and in need of support and friends... thanks for listening!!
    Dx. SLE June 2009

♪ Jen ♪

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Smokerscat. Check your inbox, I sent you a PM.

Rob

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

smokerscat94 (04-11-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have A referral to the University of Washington Neurology Dept. so hopefully things will be figured out soon!
    Dx. SLE June 2009

♪ Jen ♪

Thanks

Unhappy

Smokerscat

How awful to find out something so many years after the fact. You could have gotten a jump on whatever is going on. Keep us posted on how things are going with the tests.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I hope that things will work out for you and finally get the right diagnosis. That doctor should be reported to the American Medical Society. I will put you on my prayer list . Keep us informed. Love Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My MRI showed an anomaly in my brain in 1998. It's been there for the majority of my life. Try to stay calm until you know exactly what's wrong. then listen and decide what is going to happen next
    let us all know how you go on

Hugs and prayers are with you

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

(((HUGS))) and gentle head rubs. I am amazed at how easily doctors "forget" to tell us that there was anything wrong with test and lab results and I am sorry to hear that this might be a mistake that, if not made, might have helped your health years ago. I know it's not easy to do (and I am honestly doing it now too) but take Nonna's advice and try to stay calm until you find out what there is to be upset about. When is your appointment with the neurologist scheduled for?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

So sorry that you found out about this years after the fact. I know you're worried beyond belief, but try not to stress yourself in to a flare while waiting for your neuro appointment. Please keep us updated on how you're doing and how the appointment goes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi smokerscat,

i am so sorry about all of this....my mouth dropped open when i read your post. Gentle hugs are being sent to you.

your story is true testimony to the importance of us getting our personal copies of all tests....

hope you are feeling better...please keep us posted.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Smokerscat,

Just wondering how you are doing. Say hello when you can.

Rob