Thread: Pulmonary aterial Hypertension

Thanks

Default Pulmonary aterial Hypertension

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've visited/posted been way too busy and not too well! I have had breathing difficulties for years and they diagnosed mild asthma ( which I already knew I had) and upper airway dysfunction.

Now they have reason to believe that I may have Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension so they are doing more tests. Does anyone here have this? If so how is it treated/prognosis, etc.

I'm really scared because I have a husband to be and 7 kids!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Anybody?????

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I can't help except to recommend going to mayoclinic.comand searching to pulmunary arterial hypertension.

Sorry can not be more help,
    nonna

Thanks

I just saw a great presentation about heart disease and inflammation caused by autoimmune diseases at the Sjogren's conference. I'll try to post my report on that presentation ASAP and I hope that I can explain it as well as the doc did. Watch for my post over the next couple of days.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Thanks heaps magistramarla if you get a chance to do that it would be great. Was sort of wanting to know how many people here have it but maybe it is not too common. Hugs to you, Kaz

Thanks

I have had lupus for many years now; and, recently I was told I had Pulmonary Hypertension. They ran all kinds of tests and then told me I didn't have it. I too have had mild asthma and now they are saying that more than likely the asthma is lupus related and not asthma at all. I looked up a lot of stuff on PHT when they first made the dx. There is actually a Pulmonary Hypertension organization. I was told they first try to manage it with medications. For me, I am gaining wgt, having chest pains and breathing issues. That is what lead to the investigation of all the PHT stuff. I still fill like a yo-yo about the whole ordeal. I hope you get good news and don't actually have it, but I have been told it can be a complication of lupus. (rare I think) Not sure if this helps. Best of luck!

Thanks

I just read the word Pulmonary and realized that I had posted about the heart disease presentation - exhaustion had set in! Good news, though - there was also a presentation on Lung complications and SJS.
    I'll be reporting.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

God love ya Marla

Thanks

Hi Stillkicking,

So what was the final prognosis do they think you have it or have they undiagnosed you? You have the same symptoms as me and it's funny you mention the weight gain, that has been happening for me since I started having the breathing issues.

Anyway I'm going for the pft's on Thursday and the echo next month. Let me know how you go and good luck to you!