Thread: Leg twitching and more

Thanks

Default Leg twitching and more

Hi,
    Saw the rheumy today and my joint swelling is better on my left side but not on my right. I have quite a bit of pain in my right shoulder , arm and hand. I have been on plaquenil and voltaren for one month. On my left side I have been noticing an almost "electrical" feeling going down the length of my leg then my whole leg will twitch. Anyone ever have this?
    Sherry
    Last edited by Sherry47; 04-13-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Twitching sounds more like a neuro disorder than lupus. I've been told.... that my parkinson's symptoms are separate from the lupus. my twitching goes from my necks and shoulders down my arms and my legs. It usually ends up in the palms of my hands or soles of my feet. that horrible feeling. Sometimes its electrical, sometimes it's downright weird; I haven't come up with a good descriptive word for it yet. I see my neuro tomorrow and plan to go into detail about twitching. I've made notes and hope he takes me seriously.

Don't know how helpful this is. Twitching and tremors aka muscle spasms are usually neuro related. You should go ask ask for a neurological exam.

Nonna

Really to try walking 5 K on Saturday; for my daughter and my family

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Sherry47 (04-15-2010)

Thanks

Nonna and Sherry,
    Before you see your neuro, read the report that I just posted from the conference. The neurological symptoms CAN be related to our AI diseases - an expert said so!
    I've been checked for both MS and Parkinson's. When they turned out negative, the neuros have been scratching their heads. I think that the lady doc from Connecticut that I met is smarter than all of them.
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Sherry47 (04-15-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Marla,
    Like I said the docs told me.... Obviously they don't agree with each other.

Nonna
    Last edited by Nonna; 04-14-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: My brain fog and mind to fingers is obviously very bad right now. My apologies

Thanks

Where is it posted at Marla?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey all, just got back from the neuro... He believes that the increase in number and severity of mt twitches/tremors are a side effect of the prednezone. I don't remember reading that. Anyone? Sherry please post your thoughts on this also. I need thoughts about this
    Sherry do you take prednizone??

Nonna

Thanks

Nonna,
    I am not sure if twitching is a result of prednisone. I just added Prednisone ( a short term dose) to my meds yesterday for inflammation and pain in my right arm. I have been wondering if it is a form of neuropathy causing it. I did it before I started the Plaquenil so i know that didnt cause it.
    Sherry

Blog Entries
    Thanks

let me know if the twitches come more frequently and/or more intense. I can compare; I had them before the pred and they have been more frequent and more intense in the last 2 months.

nonna

Thanks

I will keep you posted!