Thread: Compression gloves? Do you use them?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Compression gloves? Do you use them?

Curious to know if anybody else uses compression gloves or any sort of compression for their pain? I have a lot of pain in my hands, a lot of difficulty even using my hands normally, such as writing, holding things, doing up buttons. My best friend Danny (he's such a sweetheart, love him to death) ordered me a pair of thermoskin compression gloves from Aides For Arthritis, and I LOVE THEM! I wear them every night and they keep my hands from swelling as much as they usually do and keep the pain down, I can also hold things easier. They keep my hands warm but the gloves breathe at the same time and the pressure brings quite a bit of relief.
    Highly recommended!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow, I've never even heard of them but I am going to check them out for my mother and her arthritis. Thank you for the information!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah me either until one day I did a search because I was desperate for some sort of relief that's not always pill related! I love them, they help me so much, at night, in cold weather, they help my grip too.
    What they do is they squeeze your hands a bit, but gently, just enough to increase blood flow so the "bad stuff" doesn't sit long enough to cause pain, everything just keeps on moving, keeps the swelling down, works great against raynauds phenonmenon too which I suffer horribly from, and more so in the winter, I swear my fingers turn so purple they're about to fall off. I always have very swollen veins too, especially in my hands so these gloves are fantastic. They cover your entire hands and go down over your wrists but keep the tips of your fingers open. They are strange to get used to at first but the difference they make is amazing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Where do you find these compression gloves? What do they run in price?

Drink

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post links so if you go to a website called www.aidsforarthritis.com you can find them there, the ones I got are black with red insides, made of breathable thermoskin.
    Well worth it the money, I guess they may not be for everybody, but I love them. It's basically the same as wearing any other glove except these ones are tighter and can be a little hard to get off when you need to take them off, so I roll the wrists and then just peel the rest slowly off each hand.