Thread: Being on Prednisone

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question Being on Prednisone

If there's a thread about this already I'm sorry, I just wanted to know what it's like for anyone else who is also on Prednisone. I've been on it for about a month now, I take 5mg's once a day and I feel a slight improvement since I started, I also feel like it works better than when I was on Plaquenil. My fatigue has improved a teeny weeny bit although I am still exhausted 24/7, and my pain has lessened slightly as well.

Now the side affects really scare me as there are soooo many, so far the most I have noticed side affects wise are increased appettite (I eat WAY more than I used to), bloating, throbbing headaches and some nausea. Also, I was told you can become addicted to this drug and I will have to be weaned off of it later? I'm only on 5mg's to start because I'm such a tiny, tiny built person and my rheum said I don't need more than that for now, but he might increase it later.
    I don't want to be put on Plaquenil, I hated that drug, but is this steroid really any better? Like, in the long run? I don't want to be on Methotrexate either.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh whoops I just noticed that there is a thread all about it in the Suggestions section, I didn't think it'd be there, sorry.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

No need to apologize Did the thread answer your question? If not, let me know and I will try to help you.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!