Thread: Arava, wanting to try

Thanks

Question Arava, wanting to try

anyone on Arava? wanting to switch to it, so any input of personal experience would be great. on mtx again, but once again a constant feel of wanting to throw up. can't take that, even if joints feel better from mtx.

doc said I have proratic arthritis, but heard many with immune disorders take it for joint relief. want to know how it worked with others and any side effects that occured.

Thanks in advance.................CV
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Cheryl im sorry you are having a rough time.Shame the MTX can not NOT have the sickness side effect hey.Ive never tried this other drug either,but hope someone comes with good news for you soon.Sorry ive not been in touch often,mafia queen i am at the mo.Just hiding out until i have something good to say.Do you still look after the little boy? Let me know how you get on.
    Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hey Amanda,

I still watch him, he's almost 8mths old now and better than used to be. I have 2 kids in the day care, i permamnent and 1 part time. not too bad, keeps me afloat on bills.

Thanks about the meds, hoping to find one that helps with low side effects. hope you are doing good, laying low myself since been crummy feeling and busy with kids. waiting on doc to call to change meds, thinking Arava may be the answer. keep kicking butt at mafia wars....lol

CV
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hey cheryl,

i have not taken arava, but i did ask my rheumy about it at my last visit. She said that it was used a lot for RA years back. However, it was found to cause birth defects, so they are very careful about giving it to people in the "child-bearing" years. Leslie has also asked about it, and she might be able to tell you more.

I know one person who is on it, and seems to be very happy with the med. but that is all that i know.

mtx is no fun, but it sure helps with the swelling and pain....
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

hey there, thanks for the input. knowing one person is happy on it is something. I haven't started it yet, waiting on blood work. if looks good from the mtx, then I can. the mtx is making me so ill feel, just can't take it. hard with 3 kids of my own and 2 day-care kids. need relief, but thats too high of a price.

thanks again.....CV
    Cheryl