Thread: Newly Diagnosis

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Talking Newly Diagnosis

Hello my name is Larry and i'm 55, and was diagnosed this year 2010 with lupus. I was put in the hospital 2 times in 09 for what was thought to be a virus and to no avail was treated with antibiotics! Soon after i was dx with lupus with symptoms and a positive ana. I am taking prednisone and plaqunil, and have not had any more admissions or onsets. I have nights when i have a sticking needle like sensations acorss my abdomen, the more i touch it the more sensations! I've tried every thing from anthistamines to neurotin, i feel that this is nerve endings fireing off and just part of it! If any one else has this symptom i would love to know! I't sometimes feels like a sunburn itich! My sed rate has gone down from in the 80's to in the 20's now with meds. I feel alot better now unless i have a long day in the operating room, i am a surgical first assistant for a busy general surgeon, sometimes i ache all over if its a long day! The next day its better but i get up depressed, oh well its one symptom to another. I look forward to chating with other people like me, makes it all a little better! Thanks again for all the info i can get and remember we all know someone with LUPUS!:

Thanks

Hi Larry,
    Welcome to WHL. You've come to the right place to find others who understand what you're going through.
    I also have some central nervous system symptoms. Mine is numbness and tingling in my feet and toes. It gets really interesting when I'm driving and can't quite tell how much pressure I'm putting on the gas pedal! It seems that a lot of autoimmune issues can cause those strange CNS symptoms, and it does seem to affect all of us differently.
    Wow, you work in an OR. Hopefully, as you learn more and more about AI issues, you can educate your colleagues. If you read through the threads here, you'll find that many of us have dealt with medical personnel who don't understand much about AI issues.
    Come back and join our conversations. You are very welcome here.
    Hugs,
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Larry,

Welcome to our group. I get this problem often. It feels like needles under my skin, and if I touch it or scratch, it gets 10 times worse. It happens on the fronts of my legs , and upper arms. I take NSAIDS and Neurontin for other problems, and it does not help. I take a washcloth soaked in cool water, and put it over the affected area, and it does help. It cools the burning itch, and discourages me from scratching and making it 10 times worse. Give it a try, it may work, and you don't need a prescription for it.

Rob