Thread: NEW looking for answers

Thanks

Default NEW looking for answers

Hey everyone,
    I am still trying to learn all I can about Lupus. I have Crohn's disease and have been suffering with it for 12yrs now! I am 31 years old. I am on heavy duty medication for my crohn's which has lead me to test (a weak) positive for Lupus. I was diagnosed a few years ago and my only complaint has been bone pain. I do get joint pain but I also get bone pain that affects the middle of the bone and it last just a couple of minutes and returns on and off. I haven't read anything similar so far, I am not 100% sure that it is the bone it could me muscle pain. I affects the whole body at different times. I told my doctor about it and he wasn't much help he told me to take Advil which is very helpful with my crohn's. Are these symptoms normal for Lupus? I appreciate any feedback! thanks in advance! Liz

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi liz,

first, welcome to whl...this is truly a wonderful forum, and i hope you will gain as much from membership as i have over the years.

second, lupus is a very individual disease, and many of us experience seemingly isolated symptoms. In reference to your bone pain, i was just wondering if the pain could be in the connective tissue where the muscle attaches to the bone. I suffer from joint pain, but i also have areas where the pain is in the bone area between the joints. However, it is not really the bone that is hurting, it is the connective tissue.

i hope your dr. can pinpoint what is going on, and get you some relief. Lots of people get significant relief from plaquenil - the most common treatment for lupus.

please keep us posted on your progress.
    Phyllis

share a smile today