Thread: Blood under finger nails

Thanks

Default Blood under finger nails

Anyone get blood spots that look like splinters under finger or toe nails? Yet another thing to add to my list of symptoms

Thanks

yes...little tiny black lines...my rheumy looks very closely at my nail beds when I am there and of course I have none when I go!
    Andrea

Thanks

Yes-exactly! Found out they are called splinter hemorrhages and common with either lupus or endocarditis. I know I dont have heart issues (now). I had one of these lines 2 yrs ago when my symptoms started....for the past few months I have had two on my toe nail, now one on my pinky. I took pictures to show my rheum this Thursday. I wish I coudl get a diagnosis so I could have answers, especially as to why my pancreas keeps getting inflammed but not showing on scan! I can live with all the other stuff!

Thanks

Yes! I get these all the time! I never used to know they were a symptom of anything until I read more about them. I still don't REALLY know what it means. I do know that now that I'm in treatment I don't have ANY showing up right now.

Thanks

Sugarsnit-how did you get treatment? Would you mind sharing your symptoms etc? I have been trying to figure out for 2 yrs what is wrong with me....nothign shows in the blood aside from an inflammed pancreas (on and off).I have TONS of symptoms. Back to rhuemy this Thurs

Blog Entries
    Thanks

When i first started this journey and ended up in the hospital i have many of these under all of my fingernails and that is why the er doctor admitted me in the first place because they were sure i had endocarditis. But that was not the case and after many many test and months of going to the thuemey i ended up being diagnosised with lupus and myositis and polyomyositis. And i still get the splinters from time to time. Bonita

Thanks

Gosh I pray for a diagnosis, I know its not my heart as I had tested it a yr ago as my dr thought maybe endocarditis too. Were your labs positive?