Thread: psoriasis

Thanks

Default psoriasis

does anyone here have psoriasis?

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...oriasis-basics

i'm pretty sure that i have it too, only on certain parts of my body. i was just wondering if it was also affliated with lupus or not?
    i first noticed it around the time i noticed my SLE symptoms.
    UNSPEAKABLE JOY.
    "we must be the change we wish to see in the world."-mahatma ghandi
    1 TIMOTHY 4:12-"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

Thanks

My dx is Mixed Connective Tissue Disease - Lupus, Sjogren's, RA and psoriasis. My rheumy found the sore patches that I've had in my scalp since I was a teenager and called that psoriasis. She also thinks that this could be the cause of the strange, flaky sores that I would get. She also mentioned that some of my joint pain could come from psoriatic arthritis.
    I haven't had a scalp sore or one of those sores on my skin since she started me on Plaquenil!
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

unspeakablejoy (03-23-2010)

Thanks

thanks so much marla. i go to the rheumy april 1st,, so we'll see what he says.
    UNSPEAKABLE JOY.
    1 TIMOTHY 4:12-"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes I do. Right now, there is a patch flaring on my left eyelid in the crack that is driving me crazy. I also get it on my elbows, knees, scalp, under my eyes, fingers, toes, etc.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SandyR For This Useful Post:

unspeakablejoy (04-15-2010)

Thanks

sorry i'm just seeing this post ms. sandy.

but, i have a patch in my left eyelid too!!!!!!!!!! its also in my scalp, and little pieces around my eyebrow area. sucks.
    UNSPEAKABLE JOY.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unspeakablejoy View Post
    sorry i'm just seeing this post ms. sandy.

but, i have a patch in my left eyelid too!!!!!!!!!! its also in my scalp, and little pieces around my eyebrow area. sucks.
    The eyelids are the worst! such pain. I mean, it's not like I can stop myself from blinking!!!! behind the ears is second worst, but thankfully that is a good spot right now. Funny b/c the sun seems to help the psoriasis, but it just wipes me out for a day or so. The scalp ones are pretty embarrasing for me too. I feel like people are looking at me funny when I am scratching my head. Oh well, it feels better when I do. LOL!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.