Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Big Vote

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default The Big Vote

Today's the day for the Big vote for Health Care. I hope it passes for all my Lupus Friends.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

But is it worth giving up our freedom of choice??

I'm afraid of what the democrats are doing!

Nonna

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hmmm,

It's hard to know what to think. Both sides in this battle are putting such a spin on the issues that it just makes it all very confusing. I see some really petty, and juvenile words and actions coming from both parties. I just hope that they will pass a reform bill that will benefit everyone, as well as not limit people's freedom to choose. Maybe that's alot to ask for.

I see having access to the finest health care available as one of the most fundamental rights a person can have. In an ideal world, everyone from the homeless to the most priviledged should receive the same high standard of care. But, it's not an ideal world, so the best we can do now is hope our elected representatives put aside ego and rivalry, and do something that will be in the best interests of the most people possible.

Rob

PS-Maybe they will pass a law saying that any Rheumotologist who tells you it's all in your head gets 50 lashes. Hey, I can dream can't I?
    Last edited by rob; 03-21-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i agree with rob,

all that i have seen is both sides playing politics. Yes, there definitely needs to be health care reform, but i also believe that the existing government programs need to be studied and overhauled. If they clean up their own back yard, then maybe their trash will quite blowing into our back yard.....

all representatives receive life-long "premium" health care plans that are paid by us.....so, now they want to raise our taxes if we happen to have a decent health care plan, but these repts get to keep all of their luxuries.....everyone should contribute to correcting our health care system.....until i see the government looking at their own contribution, then i will stand against their changes on us.
    Last edited by mountaindreamer; 03-21-2010 at 10:42 AM.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Hmmm,

PS-Maybe they will pass a law saying that any Rheumotologist who tells you it's all in your head gets 50 lashes. Hey, I can dream can't I?
    Here here!!!

As for the health care bill I simply don't trust either side anymore. Anyone that passes laws for me but exempt themselves are people not to be trusted. Yes, things need to change but "There is nothing so bad that the government cannot make worse"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    Hmmm,

It's hard to know what to think. Both sides in this battle are putting such a spin on the issues that it just makes it all very confusing. I see some really petty, and juvenile words and actions coming from both parties. I just hope that they will pass a reform bill that will benefit everyone, as well as not limit people's freedom to choose. Maybe that's alot to ask for.

I see having access to the finest health care available as one of the most fundamental rights a person can have. In an ideal world, everyone from the homeless to the most priviledged should receive the same high standard of care. But, it's not an ideal world, so the best we can do now is hope our elected representatives put aside ego and rivalry, and do something that will be in the best interests of the most people possible.

Rob

Well said, Rob.

I will vote FOR the 50 lashes.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

HURRAH!!! It passed!
    Now I hope that some good changes start to happen for people who so need health care.
    I think that our president is a very, very intelligent man, and I trust that he is supporting what is right for our country. I just hope that the fat cat lobbyists don't manage to put any more obstacles in the way.
    Here's hoping that things will get better now!
    Hugs,
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    HURRAH!!! It passed!
    Now I hope that some good changes start to happen for people who so need health care.
    I think that our president is a very, very intelligent man, and I trust that he is supporting what is right for our country. I just hope that the fat cat lobbyists don't manage to put any more obstacles in the way.
    Here's hoping that things will get better now!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Yep, it passed! My lack of confidence in our elected officials is eased some by the knowledge that President Obama is indeed an intelligent, and practical leader who has the best interests of our country as his first priority. Sometimes it seems like he's the only calm rational voice in Washington DC. It will be interesting to see what happens in the upcoming months. I hope the people who need assistance the most can start getting the help they need.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Now maybe I can get one of those Cadillac plans like congress has. Maybe I can get all my meds soon. Maybe I can get the tests my doctors want me to have now. Maybe I can have a plan that I won't be afraid use or get intimidated when I do use it.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am just glad the legislators passed some kind of health reform legislation. In the past, all they have ever done is talk, talk, and more talk. In the erstwhile, people keep/kept dying for lack of medical care/insurance. I am with you Magistramaria, "I hope good things start to happen for people who really need health care."

Our legislators not only have their own "cushy" health care plan. They don't participate in Social Security either. They have their own retirement plan, separate and apart from Social Security. What's good enough for the American people is not good enough for them, is it? It makes my blood pressure go up when I think about it. So I can't think about it anymore right now.
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 03-22-2010 at 10:37 AM.