Thread: Final Appeal Hearing Scheduled

Thanks

Default Final Appeal Hearing Scheduled

:? I am concerned as to what my chances are of getting SSI. It's been three years now since i applied and have gone through all the appeal processes. Now my hearing is set for Oct. I have chron's disease, along with fibromyalgia and suffer for years with severe depression.. not to mention my SLE. I have an attorney, but she said the administrative judge will want me to testify and that a state worker from the rehabilitation dept will also question me. Is this normal? or is it looking like i will be denied. Please reply..... Thank You....

WORRIED !!!!!!! 1mommaj :?:

Thanks

Can you get your doctor to support your case? Either by writing an in depth history or by coming to the hearing with you? Might help.

My mum went though hoops that caused her to be so much more ill than she was when she went for disability... she ended up in a hearing and was told she may have to testify, but a good supporting letter by the GP and a good social worker meant it never came to that, she only had to sit outside and wait for the verdict.

She now has high level disability for life, though I've recently learned that life does not mean life and she may be called back at any time. It never ends!

Best of luck with your hearing,

Claire x

Thanks

I agree with Claire that you will want a supportive letter from your doctor. Every once in a while I think about quitting work and applying for disability, but I know the stress and heartache that people go through and how many times people have had to appeal their case. I really hope it goes well for you. Let us know what happens.

Thanks

Thank you for your replies. I will be sure to contact my doctor about this. Im sure he already knows my situation. I guess I always thought the medical records would be enough. But, when you think about it... You both are correct in saying be doublely protected.

Again thanks,
    1momma j
    Thanks a much !!!,

1mommaj

Thanks

Hope it goes well