Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats a good drink

Thanks

ya i just got a cool blue gatorade which taste pretty good. i thought that people with lupus can't drink that much gatorade lol. i dont want to end up with diabetes 2 at an early age because of just drinking gatorade. my rhuemy suggested that i should drink like cranberry juice because it cleans my system.
    Last edited by capncrunch; 03-16-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

cranberry juice is VERY good for you. Unless you are on a medicine that it doesn't mix well with, like Cumiden, or if it has hgh fructose corn syrup. I like to mix a splash with seltzer and twist of lime. There is also a sugar free gatorade-like drink (i forget the name of) if you are worried about your BGL but I don't like it b/c it has a funny aspertame taste to me. Cyrstal Light is sugar free and yummy! I particularly like the raspberry iced tea.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Widebody..I'm with you...Fresca and I go back a lloonnngggg way..it quenches my thirst..that grapefruity taste..mmmmmm, love it.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've never tried Fresca. Can we get it in the south? I don't think I've ever seen any to buy. lol. I'd like to try that. I LOVE the taste of grapefruit but often can't tolerate it on the GI tract for some reason.

Micromedic...I love the Vitamin waters too... I love the XXX version with all the antioxidants in it. It's my favorite!

My daughter has a ton of recipes for fruit smoothies and fruit drinks mixes that are so good. She made this one for me once with strawberries blended in it that was so SO good. Hmm. I wonder if she still has that recipe.

This thread is making me thristy! lol. I'm glad this was brought up...good discussion!

Thanks

When i'm thirsty I drink squash (cordial) like blackcurrant usually. I tend to avoid soft drinks cus they make my stomach hurt, and the tap water heres not too great, so it's a good option

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MicRoMediC View Post
    the g2 from gatorade is good, my boyfriend mixes half water, half gatorade so it's not so sweet. i drink the vitamin water, they're actually really good. they make decaf chai tea which is good and i also like propel. hope this helps.
    Yes, the G2 is really good, and I also water it down to take away some sweetness.

Thanks

why water it down when its a g2 drink that's like drinking color water

Thanks

I agree with the Gatorade, and I also drink a lot of organic tart cherry juice. It tastes good, and it seems to help my joint & muscle pain.
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Another green drink for those who can have an alcoholic drink is a grasshopper.