Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats a good drink

Thanks

Default whats a good drink

i am having an unbearable thirst right now and i don't want to drink water.
    so... i want to drink something that isn't soda. what can i drink???

also im not old enough to drink alcohol so that's not an option for me lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

have you tried infusing your water with some flavor, like sliced lemons or limes or cucumbers or ginger or mint leaves? If that still doesn't ring a bell, then iced tea, hot tea (especially herbal) or some good antioxident juicies like pomegrante blueberry or Green Goodness (sooooo yummy!), or a fruit & yogurt smoothie, or milk.
    Last edited by SandyR; 03-15-2010 at 07:10 PM.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I was SOO close to buying the Green Goodness today.. but it looks horrid! Is it really yummy? I think I could get over the weird look thing... and it would definitely freak some people out, LOL!
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks

Too bad! I was going to suggest my favorite - a White Russian!
    Seriously, though - Lately there have been all kinds of reports about the benefits of the anti-oxidants found in tea. I would suggest hot or iced tea, and there are all kinds of teas that are good for you - green, white,chai, etc. Personally, I'm a coffee drinker, and there have been lots of reports saying that coffee is good for you, too. Anyone who has been to Starbucks knows that there are lots of great coffee drinks out there. We brew a big pot every morning, and we buy different flavored creamers to keep it interesting. I drink it iced in the afternoon.
    Of course, there are also juices. Pomegranate juice is also full of anti-oxidants, and good with rum in it, too I might add!
    Experiment with what you might like. That is also what you can do when you get older, too! LOL
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Sandy,
    You and I must have been typing the same answer at the same time!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla, I think so but I like your juice recipes better. Might have to go mix a glass now of that blueberry pomegrante and some liquor. I was thinking yesterday that juice would make a yummy margarita!

Shannon - To me, it is sweet. I am diabetic so I don't often drink juice "straight up". It was YUMMY though! I made my sister try it and she was put off by the color. So was I at first, but if you can get past that, and if you don't like juices that are loaded with high fructose corn syrup, then definately try it. It will be a permenant fixture on my shopping list now.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

capncrunch....
    every since i started methotrexate, i can not drink water....the thought if it makes me gag.

I drink gatorade most of the time.....I told me dr. about this, and she acknowledged that medication can make our taste preferences change. I do agree with marla and sandy....pomegranite and blueberry juices are very good tasting, and good for our bodies.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I am always thirsty, and water doesn't cut it for me either. For some reason, pineapple juice really tastes good and takes care of my thirst. I also drink alot of Gatorade. I get the powdered stuff and mix it so it's not overly sweet.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

the g2 from gatorade is good, my boyfriend mixes half water, half gatorade so it's not so sweet. i drink the vitamin water, they're actually really good. they make decaf chai tea which is good and i also like propel. hope this helps.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Thanks

I'm with Phyllis - gatorade (G2 for me - it's low carb) is really good at cutting thirst. I also like Crystal Light (or its generic alternatives) there are lots of good flavors. I will sometimes top a glass of it with a couple inches of Fresca, too. And that's another thing: try any of the powdered, single-serve (20 oz.) packets in a bottle of soda water. That's really good.