Thread: skin biopsy

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default skin biopsy

Saturday my dermatologist took some skin on the rash that i have at my risk to do a biopsy on it. I think he did the punch biopsy, and he had to put a stitch. Its swollen and soar. Have to go back in two weeks to get the stitch removed. Anyone ever did one of these, and can this indicate if i have lupus?

Thanks

its wrist and not risk...hahaha typo

Thanks

I had strange disc-shaped, flaky sores back in 1999, long before AI issues were being considered. The PCP that I had at the time was one of those who tried to handle everything herself, because the doctors' group had a deal with the insurance Co. When I kept complaining, she took a sample from one of the sores and sent it to the lab. She seemed quite surprised when the lab reported that it contained T-cells. She called it lymphomatoid papillosis and said that we didn't need to do anything but "keep an eye on it". Now, I really think that this was actually discoid lupus and I wonder if I could have had a diagnosis 7 or 8 years earlier if I had only been able to go to a decent dermatologist.
    I would be curious to know if the doc mentions T-cells to you. Please let me know what you find out.
    BTW - I haven't had one of those sores since I started Plaquenil and MTX - Yeah!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

hey i will let you know of the outcome of my results. It should be ready this week, but will see my dermatologist next week to remove the stitch, there he would explain the results for me. What is great about him is he didnt waste time, once he saw the rash and saw my ana positive, he immediately acted by doing the biopsy. I did go a a dermatologists prior to him and she was ridiculous, she told me that i am depressed, i was so pissed i could have said 'bad words' to her...sigh...but he is great. Will let you knw whats going on.

Thanks

Hi
    im newly diagnsoed,
    and my father diagnsoed 7 years ago threw same procedure as yourself,so heres hoping you get an answer firm one.dad has discoid lupus misdignosed as fungal infections for many years by gps.
    when he saw a skin specilaist they took a biopsy not sure exactly how.

but he ahd stcihe and was confirmed as lupus by that alone.

let us know how you get on.
    iove eben diagnsoed threw blood work,family history and sytpoms over period of time along wiht good response to lupus medication.
    we al vary so much im also having disc shape dry pacthes,along with constant red inflalmed facial skin butterlfy style.
    psiorisis rulled out.
    take care i can vouch for the waiting time is a horrid feeling and good sites for support really do lessen the time.
    melly c

Thanks

I had a biopsy which told them nothing....I was diagnosed by bloodwork
    Andrea