Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: small world...

Thanks

Default small world...

So I just found out that Ibusnelli07 and I live two towns away from one another...how funny is that ?!!! Another Jersey lupie..I said she, myself, and my daughter can start our own support group....none near us in NJ. I am so happy to maybe meet someone in person who can relate..I needed some happy news..my daughter was in a bad auto accident the other night.She is FINE considering how serious it could nave been...she is bumped/bruised/scratched. Someone came across the lane into hers, swiped her, she swerved, lost control,spun...took out a hydrant..proceded to hit a pole and a tree...the person never stopped. The car is totaled. Glad she was not injured seriously...no stress right...I fully expect a flare by next week at the latest.
    Andrea

Thanks

Andrea,
    I'm so glad that she is OK. We went through that, too. When we looked at the pictures of the truck, we were amazed that Meg walked out of it.
    Is this the daughter who also has SLE? It sounds like both of you will need some extra TLC for a while.
    Gentle Hugs to both of you,
    Marla

Thanks

Yes it is Alissa my 23 yr old...she said t me the other day after the accident.."I must have been a serial killer in my last life to have this happen to me now"..I don't even know what to say at this point other than bad things happen to good people. No one 'deserves' Lupus..or to have a traumatic life experience. She just can't get a break.
    Andrea

Thanks

Andrea, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter.. Though it's hard to accept all of the time, I try to remind myself that God only gives us what He knows we can handle. I just wish he didn't think so highly of me sometimes... LOL. I'm sure it's difficult for her to see it now, especially when it feels like she's constantly being rained on, but these things will make her a stronger woman in the end. She will learn sooner than most what we should truly appreciate in this life and what to not dwell on. Hoping she's on the road to a quick recovery....

And that's awesome that you found someone else so close who you can share with!
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks

I am sure you are right shannon...I see you are a nursing student..she wants to go to nursing school as well. She is smart and I know she can do it...she has to get over these most recent hurdles.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am glad that your daughter is okay. Some people are so irresponsible. It hard for me to imagine people hitting others and then running away like that. Shame on them. Some of us go through a lot in this life, but as Serenity said it makes for strength.
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 03-13-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks

That's awesome =) She should definitely pursue it. I've been knocked down a few times, taken some detours, and felt sorry for myself for not finishing back when I had the chance... but my husband reminds me all the time that if I HAD finished it years ago when the opportunity was there, we would have never met because we worked together at Home Depot, had I finished school back then, I'd have left before he ever hired in. Everything happens for a reason. There are still days now that I feel like I'm never going to reach those goals, lately, I feel the most like it's because of my health, but I'm not giving up. I refuse to throw in the towel now and not continue with my dreams just because I *might* get too sick to work.

I also feel like all of my crazy experiences with healthcare personally have made me a much more compassionate healthcare professional.... and lord knows we need more of those!!
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Andrea,
    I am so glad to hear that your daughter is safe and sound. If you form that group, I will cross the bridge to come over once in a while!
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Hey Shannon,
    Good for you! My Mom-in-law was a nurse. She finished her GED at the time that my husband, her second son out of four, graduated from HS. When our first baby was born three years later, and his younger brother's baby was born nine hours later, Mom exclaimed "I'm too young to be a Grandma!" and promptly started college. She earned her RN, and eventually became the head nurse of a coronary critical care unit. She was also deeply involved in hospital administration and taught nursing classes before she retired. She was highly respected and we were all very proud of her.
    BTW, my baby was born four days after exams in my junior year of college. I took her with me to classes senior year so that I could finish college with my scholarship. I graduated on Heather's first birthday. We Moms can do anything that we put our minds to!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Sandy....I'll be waiting...lol
    Andrea