Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took a sick day today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Took a sick day today

I woke up with a smashing headache, dizzy, achy so I called out and went to the doctor and surprise, surprise, another sinus infection. I just can't seem to go more than 6 or 8 weeks without one. It just infuriates me! I am home, resting now. Hope you are all having a better day.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh you have my sympathies. I live with constant nasal congestion. I get ear infections sinus infections.

Man, sweetie you have my HUGS and pats.

Nonna

Thanks

Pamper yourself today and feel better soon.
    Gentle Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Oh sweetie, I feel your pain! I usually have 5-6 or more each Fall / Winter! I was Dx'd with chronic sinusitis & rhinitis by and allergist... funny thing though, since they started me on the Plaquenil in Nov. I haven't had a single one!! (Knocking on wood over here).. Rheumy is skeptical to say it's because of the Plaquenil, because he's not sure I'd be seeing much improvement just yet... but it's a possibility.

I hope you feel better soon hun.
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks

I've been doing something that has helped me SO much in the sinus department... I've been using a netti pot! I saw it on Oprah(with Dr. Phil) didn't get it at first but found some poeple that swore by it a few months later. I LOVE IT! It has worked for me like nothing else EVER has. I have done sprays, pills, everthing you can think of! I went to a allergist who wanted me to do shot therapy but I seriously did not have the money to do it. I do my netti pot and rinse my every other night and it is like nothing I have done before! No sinus infections, no nothing! I am stable sinus wise for the first time in I don't know how many years. Walmart and Target carry the pots and solution, it's not that expensive to do, cheaper than pills for me. Try it, you guys might like it too! Good luck!
    Last edited by kducks; 03-11-2010 at 11:31 PM.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

How are yo feeling today Sandy? Just take it easy, and get better.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi guys! I am home again today. The headache is gone and the drips dried up but I am still very congested and I refuse to be sick again for another birthday so I stayed home again. I don't want to be sick around my pregnant sister either so it's home again resting today. Thank God for sick days!

Nonna - Ear infections too? That really stinks! I get vertigo with my sinus infections. I usually get bad upper sinus infections with headaches and vertigo. The vertigo is the most my ears are affected *knock on wood* and the usual sign that it is all more than just a headache.

Marla - I actually felt well enough last night after the 1st round of antibioics to keep my nail appointment. Thankfully, I only had to sit and let people pamper me so I went.

Rob - mostly better. How are you today?

Serenity - mine are chronic too. I usually get 6-10 a year. Some years are less, but the last 3 or so years are high. I get them sooooo often that when I see a new doc in the practice, they ask me what I want to do for treatmen, which just blows my mind - after all, shouldn't they be telling me what they would like to do since that have that medical degree I don't have and all??? smh. My doctors have stayed away from steriods for me only b/c of my diabetes. I definately had them for treatment before diabetes was dx'd and they worked wonders. Kept me sinus infection free for a long time and knocked out an infection I was fighting for 3 months.

Kducks - I am a BIIIIGGGG Neti Pot fan. However, I am not allowed to use it right now. My nasal passages are too dry and ulcerated and unfortunatly, that means no Neti or nasal spray until the ulcers heal entirely.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

That's right, Tomorrow is your Birthday Spa Day, isn't it?
    Take good care of yourself today so that you can have a wonderful time tomorrow.
    Today would have been my mother's birthday. She wasn't a very nice person, but I always think about her today, anyway. On the happier side, today is also Hillary and Steve's anniversary. I'll have to give her a call this weekend. I don't think that I should call and disturb them this evening, if you know what I mean - LOL.
    Have a happy birthday, girl!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi sandy,

first off, happy birthday tomorrow...i think a spa day is the perfect prescription for any aches...so you go and enjoy.

second, my grandson has terrible sinus problems. My daughter turns on the humidifier, and holds Justin over the humidifier when an umbrella over them. this really sends the moisture into the sinuses, and seems to help a lot.

hope you find something that works....rest, pamper yourself, and don't get sick.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Sandy,

Im sorry you are sick today,but glad you are off work and resting.Ive never really had sinus troubles up until a few months ago,so i now know how much it hurts and feels like your face is going to explode,not nice at all.Hope you begin to feel better soon.

love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx