Thread: liver biopsy?

Thanks

Default liver biopsy?

Has anyone ever had a liver biopsy? I'm up for one next month and scared. I'd like as many details as possible. :roll:

Thanks

Default I HAD A LIVER BIOPSY

RUNNETTE26

I HAD A LVER BIOPSY IN JULY. IT WAS TOTALLY PAINLESS. LUPUS ATTACKED MY LIVER, MY LIVER ENZYMES WERE 1248. THEY SHOULD OF BEEN AROUND 65. I WAS VERY SICK FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS. I CANT TAKE ANYTHING OVER THE COUNTER FOR PAIN. I TAKE OXYCODONE ONCE IN AWHILE WHEN MY PAIN IS SEVERE. THE PAIN KILLERS MAKE ME SICK AND I USUALLY HAVE TO GO TO BED. MY LIVER ENZYMES ARE ONLY 15 POINTS ABOVE NORMAL NOW. IAM VERY SICK OF FEELING SO TIRED. IAM THANKFUL TO BE ALIVE BECAUSE MY LIVER WAS FAILING. THIS WAS A DRAMATIC LIFE CHANGE FOR ME. I WAS DIAGNOSED IN JULY WITH LUPOID HYPETITS AND LUPUS.

Thanks

I had a liver biopsy a few years ago while I was in the hospital, they did it bedside. They would not give me any kind of pain killer, not even tylenol. It is painful but only for a moment. They give you a local (the area is in your rib cage a few inches below your armpit). When they insert the biopsy needle, it feels like a quick kick in the side but it is over very fast. Afterwards, you have to lie on your right side for a couple of hours. You will have a little dot of a scar from the procedure but when it's over, there are no side effects. The fear of it is worse than the actual procedure. I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Hepatitis afterwards (what they used to call Lupoid Hepatitis).