Thread: does anyone know??

Thanks

Default does anyone know??

I've been getting new pain that i haven;t had before. its in my back {right side} behind my rib cage. the pain is off and on. getting a little worst each day. i looked up kidney problems and what i read, said you don't get pain with kidney problems. is this true?? I will be calling the doctor on monday.. does anyone have better health links? thank you Ginfizz

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

ginfizz;
    Almost all lupus sufferers have chest pains at some point in their illness. Most are NOT related to the heart, even though they may be in the same area. Sometimes the area where the breastbone or sternum attaches to the ribs can become inflamed or irritated and cause chest pains. If the area is tender when touched, it is not a cardiac problem. Pleurisy can also cause chest pains. Pleurisy is inflammation of the membrane lining the chest cavity. This can cause severe pain in the chest areas. Also, the esophagus is directly behind the heart and pressure sensations under the breast bone can result from spasm of the esophagus and this is painful.
    Lupus patients usually have inflammation of the heart tissue and will then have a rapid pulse. Because of this, there is a common disorder known and tachycardia and usually anti-inflammatory medication is used. You can get tachycardia from infections also. Some chest pains in lupus patients are caused by pericarditis (inflamation of the membrane surrounding the heart),myocarditis (a coronary artery disease), or irregular heart beats (mitral valve prolapse, Libman-Sacks endocarditis, or artherosclerotic disease). Lupus patients are more susceptible to hardening of the arteries in the heart area because of their increased prevalence of high blood pressure and elevted cholesterol levels due to steroid therapies.
    Lupus can affect the heart in many ways, from infection to inflammation and will result in many different signs and symptoms. Talk to your doctor and ask about tests such as EKG or 2-D echo.
    Hope this has been helpful. Take care of yourself and let me know what the doctor says.
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi ginfizz. I have been suffering from Lupus for 10 years. 4 months ago I was feeling terrible and barely getting thru a day of work, stopping ALL additional activities. I have finally found a nutritional supplement (safe, all natural) that has helped me to get my life back. I have not felt this good since I was taking Prednisone for the Lupus several years ago. See my homepage in my profile with links to better health and get on the road to feeling better.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ginfizz:
    I've been getting new pain that i haven;t had before. its in my back {right side} behind my rib cage. the pain is off and on. getting a little worst each day. i looked up kidney problems and what i read, said you don't get pain with kidney problems. is this true?? I will be calling the doctor on monday.. does anyone have better health links? thank you Ginfizz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>