Thread: Another post about the leg symptoms..theories and questions?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question Another post about the leg symptoms..theories and questions?

Ok so for those of you who have read my leg symptoms post, I was thinking back today to when I was first being tested and the positive results I did have. My symptoms included: -burning leg pain(which eventually spread to my arms bearing the same symptoms) -leg ache(widespread not just limited to the joints)...Lately before the burning started coming back with this pregnancy, I realized I have tenderness in my legs where I usually have the burning..so is that muscular in origin? I ask because I used to have elevated CPK's in my bloodwork. Not very high (200s-300s) and was tested for the neuropathy but the only muscular test i had was the EMG's. Could those alone be conclusive or should a biopsy be done? I had one biopsy done but that was to check for small fiber neuropathy. I am just wondering if now the pain all along has been more muscular than nerves and if the tenderness im experiencing is able to be considered a type of "weakness" and could aide in diagnosis....?? Because then that would mean that with CPK might actually mean something! lol Just a thought..please comment! -Britt

*11 weeks 3 days on March 9th 2010*
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

Britt,
    I'm dealing with the same questions. I've also had a muscle biopsy, but they were looking at the mitochondria at the time. I have many of the same symptoms that you have, and I never seem to get any answers. The rheumy is sending me to her neurologist buddy next week, so I'll let you know what he says. I also intend to ask lots of questions when I go to the Sjogren's Conference in San Francisco next month. One of the speakers will be talking about neuropathy in Sjogren's, so I intend to pounce with my questions. I'll report back with what I learn.
    Take care,
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Ok great. I look forward to hearing about your experience and what you learn!
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!