Thread: Grandkids

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Grandkids

My grandson who will be 7 in August has been complaining of joint pains in his ankles and knees for some time and the pedittician says it is growing pains. His maternal grandfather died from complications of lupus and his mom has a positive ana but is symptom free. His sister who is 3 just had a stomach virus and was in a seige with hives for unknown reasons. Could this be from autominune diease since i also the grandmother on the Dads side have lupus and myositis? Bonita

Thanks

Wow Bonita,
    Those are a lot of AI issues for one family! If I was his Mom, I think that I would be very insistent about having those kiddos watched closely. Is there such a thing as a pediatric rheumatologist?
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi bonita,

as a grandmother myself, i know you are worried about the little ones. i agree with marla, they should be watched very closely for AI issues. Historically, little boys' hurting knees was known as "growing pains", and our grandmothers all suffered with "rheumatism" which they took a shot of whiskey for pain relief. Our medical world has exploded, and we now have so much more knowledge than in the past....so, yes, drs. should use this knowledge and keep a watch on your grandchildren.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you for responding and i also think they should enforce this issue with their peditritions but i can only suggest this. My daughter-in-law sees a rhuemotologist in the same building that i see for regular check ups so i suggested she say something to him on her next visit. Bonita