Thread: Remeron for Depression

Thanks

Question Remeron for Depression

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit, but I am struggling with several challenges and an incredible amount of stress. I do think of everyone frequently....

I saw my PCP for depression yesterday and she suggested Remeron in the event Paxil isn't effective for me. Has anyone ever taken Remeron? What was your experience with it?

I've tried about everything else at some point in my life and the only one that's ever helped is Efffexor. Unfortunately, the 80 lb weight gain didn't help my depression.

Hope everyone is healthy. And to all the newbies, welcome aboard. I've not read any posts of late, and am sorry if I've let anyone down.

I'll post when the black cloud lifts or after I return from the Sjogren's Conference in April and can post pix of Marla and I!
    Last edited by BonusMom; 03-06-2010 at 11:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi BM,

No i have not tried this med.If you try it let me know how you get on with it.Oh and look forward to seeing the photos.
    Take care
    love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have not tried that either, but I have had a period of time in my past where I felt a you did and where I felt like my last hope was medical help. I can say, it worked for me and was able to help get me focused on improving myself without medical help. If you ever want to talk about it, feel free to PM me.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi BonusMom;
    I am so glad to see you back but sorry to hear that you are dealing with some issues. I have never used the drug you were prescribed. I have used Paxil and it helped me deal with the loss of my daughter. If no one else has used it, I can do some research on the drug if you like. Just let me know.
    I am hoping that things get better for you and remember, we are always here when you need us. Sending you hugs!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I took one pill once..don't know dosage..it knocked me on my a** for almost 18 hours!!! it was crazy..not for me. I do have sensitivities to drugs but that was extreme...
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi bonusmom,

hello to you, it is great hearing from you. i am so sorry that you are struggling with medications, and i hope they find a solution very soon. we miss you around here, so please stop by again and again and again...whenever you feel up to it.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, ladies. I am taking a titrated dose of Paxil and if no improvement in a month it's either Remeron or Effexor (which ballooned me up previously), so I am really hopeful that the Paxil is effective. I was actually hoping for something more on the short term side, but doctor didn't feel that would be the most beneficial at this point.

I have missed you all and the Forum, it sometimes takes too much energy to read/post, plus, I don't wanna be a downer. I know it'll improve, I've just got to give it some time.