Thread: Me again

Thanks

Question Me again

Hi all,

I've got some more questions.

1. Once you were diagnosed how did you go about finding more information about your type of lupus?
    2. Do you find the internet is a valuable source of information?
    3. How does being a member of WHL help you?

Thanks again for being so amazing,

Harriet xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

1.I started with the internet and got as much info as i could. 2. The inter net was a great help but it was not personal. 3. Finding WHL was the best thing i came across for information and care and support and love. This is companionship and belonging to and elite group of people via the internet and i am thankfull for each and everyone of you. Bonita

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonita For This Useful Post:

AlphaWolf06 (03-06-2010)

Thanks

I have to agree with Bonita.
    When I was first dx, I did not own a pc, as unbelievable as it now sounds. So the only recource was the library. I read dozends of books. About one year later I got a pc and did alot of research, but like bonita said, there was no interaction with other people.
    I wanted to know, how people dealt with their dx and what kind of symptoms other lupies have. When I found WHL, I have found all of that, plus friendship, compassion and understanding. Now it feels like having an extended family.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

AlphaWolf06 (03-06-2010)

Thanks

Hi Harriet,
    I'm sorry that I just now noticed this. Life's been a little weird lately.
    1. Once you were diagnosed how did you go about finding more information about your type of lupus? I went straight to the internet.
    2. Do you find the internet is a valuable source of information? Yes, since I'm married to a computer engineer, we use our computers for everything - well, almost everything.
    3. How does being a member of WHL help you? As others have said, it certainly helps to know that I'm not alone in this. I get better answers to my questions here than from my docs. Those who are living with it are the real experts.
    Marla