Thread: daughter has anxiety problem

Thanks

Unhappy daughter has anxiety problem

physcologist wants to put mikaela on medication for depression she is suffering anxiety due to bullying and our living conditions at the moment and she is extremely upset with me being ill i am flaring at the moment finding it hard to walk and am in extreme pain and very fatigued i am trying to keep this from her by taking minimal pain medication and by trying to carry on as if i am doing fine i cry when she is asleep but since we are all living in one room at the moment keeping it from her is hard but i have to do my best to protect her it is me that should be doing the worrying not her this saddens me greatly . the school is isolating her from bullies by keeping her in classroom during breaks physcologist thinks this is unfair and is going to talk to school. well this just life and i am taking one day at a time. have to keep on fighting to protect my family hope you are all having pain free and wonderful happy day love and hugs kim l

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am sorry that these problems just seem to be compounding for you and your family. In a way, I agree with your daughter's doctor. Isolating her is like a punishment. Instead, they should isolate the bullies, take away their privileges so that Mikela can go outside and play and enjoy herself without the threat of being harassed. If they want to keep her away, then they should allow her to do something that makes her feel special, not alone!
    You mention that you are all living in one room now. I must have missed some of your posts, so forgive me for probably asking questions that you've already answered. Are you now living somewhere else? Is this temporary? I am hoping that it is and that your new housing is going to be available very soon.
    I am keeping you, as always, in my prayers. Sending you warm hugs.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

no susie we are still in the same house but we hae pest problem which was caused when we had to remove carpts that we have been complaining about since we moved in3 years ago the had bad smell and it was affecting our health the people before us had a house full of cats who urinated and when we pulled carpets the carpets where soaked what we didnot know was the house was also full of bugs and they were mostly in carpet but when we disturbed them they got into our mattressses and beds and all our furniture we at first though we were getting bitten by mosquitos but it turns out it was these so we have had to throw out all our linen and our furniture and we are living in lounge room together and we are fighting with goverment housing to pay for pest control as it is so expensive and it was there fault to begin with these things should have been checked before we moved in, it is very upsetting as our furniture was only 2years old mikaela had terrible rash on her and the doctor gave me letter demanding they do something either get rid of problem or transfer us but our local office would not even talk to me and said it was not there problem so i had to send email to housing minister and state member of parliament and now i am waiting for them to do something if this continues we will have to move out into our campertrailer my mother gave me a year ago my father lounge we was brand new he bought it just before he died it will break my heart if i have to throw this out am very upset at the moment am trying to put on happy face for mikaela as i do not want to upset her but all of this is making my lupus flare and i am quite sick at the moment. thankyou for your concern susie hugs kim l
    Last edited by Saysusie; 03-07-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

OMG!!!! That is just so unbelievable and the fact that they keep ignoring you and are forcing you to live in these unhealthy conditions seems to be to be illegal! Is there a local news channel where they do investigative reports. Perhaps if you brought your issue to the attention of the media, you might get some action. Call local radio stations, contact the local politicians.. Also, think about writing to the mayor, the governor, hell...write to the President!!!
    At this point, you should consider taking your complaints to every single official that you can think of. I know that this is government property..but decent housing is the right of every single person. Just because you are on government property does not mean that you do not deserve the basic rights of everyone!!
    My heart truly goes out to you and I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you. Please try to take care of yourself in the midst of this nightmare!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree with Saysusie. We have news reports here to help people fight the injustices they are facing on local stations. Do you have that too? Goverment housing means your tax dollars and lots of other people's tax dollars are paying. I am sure there are a lot of people who would be mad to know how their $ is being spent and who would want better for you and your family.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

thankyou sandi and susie that will be my next step if this is not resolved . sorry about writing from yesterday but i am not well and very tired lack of sleep and am having trouble typing love and hugs kim l

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Seems to me the goverment would also be responsible for reimbursing you for the furniture and the other household goods, including the linens, you had to throw away. Have you considered talking to a lawyer to see if you have a case? Also, how about reimbursement for pain, suffering and possible health problems from the conditions you were and our now living in. When I hear about the things you are going through, I regret not having pursued a law degree. Concerning the bullying matter,maybe you could pursue the bullies parents legally? I wish I knew of an advocacy group that could represent you in the bullying matter, or a private lawyer I could recommend, but I don't. Good luck! I sincerely feel for your situation.

I once lived in an apartment where previous tenants "cats" had peed all over the carpet and the landlord refused to replace it. It was expensive to move, but I had no choice. My moving van and my car were completely full of stuff when I left. I estimate, I left at least $1000 worth of outdoor furniture and other goods behind in the yard and the shed. Yes, I should have gone to Small Claims Court, but through no fault of my own, I had three other lawsuits going on at the time, including a class action suit, and I couldn't mentally or physically handle another legal matter at the time with the lupus and all.
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 03-09-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wow hun - thats rough. I had a great deal of trouble with bullies growing up because I looked a bit different than other people. Couple that with my parents having a rough time and I had severe panic attacks, anxiety and depression. Even though my mom was not dong well, honestly, it bothered me more when my mom hid her pain from me than when she trust me to sit with her as if I was a comfort for her. It made me feel better that I could help my mom in some way. The biggest cause of my anxiety was the constantly bullying in school. I agree with the psychologist. The school should be dealing with the issue by punishing the bullys, not your child.
    Ya'll might need to consider a move when things get more stable for you - a fresh start never hurts anyone
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Thanks

we are on goverment housing and are waiting for medical priority transfer we have been waiting for 11 months with no success i wish i could get my daughter out of this hellhole but we have to wait for house. hugs kim l

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am sorry Kim that you have had to wait so long and are still continuing to wait. To say the least, it makes it rough for you and yours.