Thread: Daughter Bit By A Gopher

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Daughter Bit By A Gopher

My daughter E-mailed me and told me she got bit by a gopher yesterday and had to go to Urgent Care. Her cat brought in a gopher. She thought it was dead and picked it up and she got bit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkofWtr View Post
    My daughter E-mailed me and told me she got bit by a gopher yesterday and had to go to Urgent Care. Her cat brought in a gopher. She thought it was dead and picked it up and she got bit.
    Oh my God. I hope he didn't have rabies. She must have freaked out.
    Is she ok?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Wow, that's as bad as my story about my daughter getting attacked by a raccoon while she was pregnant! What's with our daughters and wild animals lately?
    I hope that all turns out well with her.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well the Dr. isn't worried about rabies. But she has to take antibiotics for a week. I was talking to her on the phone tonight and she said it bit her really hard. She said it was almost dead from what the cat had done to it and then it mustered it's last bit of strength to bite her as hard as it could and then it died. Kind of sad isn't it. She says she can still kind of feel the bite pain.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ouch! i am glad to hear she is ok. I would have freaked! I don't even like spiders.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ouch!! I am glad that the doctor is not worried about rabies but put her on antibiotics anyway. So, the gift from the cat turned around and bit her!! Poor thing!! I am glad that she is OK!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i agree, OUCH....i hope your daughter is feeling better....
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine!! Personally, I'd probably be too afraid to touch it in the first place.... I don't even like picking up a dead spider even if I know it's dead and squished. But, I suppose you do what you have to do when faced with the situation. Poor thing, I hope she's feeling better soon, that's scary!
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Perhaps she should have had a heavy glove on when she picked it up. That way if it was alive and bit her it would not have gone through the glove. My father used to go out to the desert where the CA aqueduct was. He was an engineer I remember one time a rattlesnake bit him. Luckily it bit his high boots and the fangs did not penetrate his skin. In other words, there is something to be said for protective clothing when dealing with wild animals.