Thread: just checking in

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default just checking in

I haven't been very good about keeping in touch on here lately. I've been lurking around here and there (mostly the arcade) and was trying to get my FL pics uploaded on here last week but got frustrated with Verizon's inability to properly function with my laptop lately. I have been kinda quiet since FL. Mostly been a little achy and a lot tired. I went to a concert in the city last night and it was a standing room venue. Between being on my feet 5 hours and then getting to bed at 1am I am more exhausted today than usual and the usual right now is achy pains and fatigue. It actually drives me more nuts when I feel blah and look ok than when I look bad and fel good. I find myself having to change my plans and just lay like celery when I get like this. On another little note, I am planning a girl's spa day for next Saturday to celebrate my birthday with some friends. I am super excited about it. I have a gift certificate from a few years ago that the spa is willing to honor and so I am going to go for the works since I just doubled my budget with the gift cert. Massage, mani,pedi, haircut, and facial. I've never had a facial and am a little nervious for it since my skin is so sensative. I mean abnormally so. I till have a mark on my wrist from where the wrist band was put on too tight last night. Anyway, I am worried that the facial will leave my face all puffy and red with rashes. How attractive! Some new news for me, my baby sister is expecting her first baby in August. We will find out what it is in a few weeks but we think boy. She is coming for the spa day so I am excited about that too. I hope you are all well!
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Talking

Hi Sandy,
    Well, Happy Birthday a bit early. That sounds like a great party - I wish that I could be there, too.
    Congrats on the new little family member. I'm sure that your sis will really enjoy the spa day.
    Take care of yourself and rest up. I like the comment about needing to lay around like a celery when you're exhausted. I know just what you mean.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

SandyR (03-04-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Marla! If you can make your way to NY next Saturday - you're in!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Sandy so glad you had a great time at the concert and congratulations on the good news ahhhh a bundle of joy will be here very soon.wow and a spa day sounds fab so you enjoy it you so deserve it.Im sure they'll be able to treat you with the sensitive moistuisers if you let them now how your skin is.I used to have them.....soooooooooooo relaxing you will love it if they use the unperfumed stuff.Just you get some resting done until then.

Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Oliver For This Useful Post:

SandyR (03-04-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Angel I am counting down the days and minutes! Today I stopped in the store looking for something for work and found some baby outfits/receiving blankets. I have to be so careful not to spend all my pennies on baby things before he/she is born!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Enjoy your spa day. I am sure if you let them know your skin is sensitive, they'll use hypoallergenic products on your face. It must be fun finding things for the new expected baby. Sorry you suffered at the concert standing up. I know what that is like. I went to a couple like that and it was utter exhaustion.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DrinkofWtr For This Useful Post:

SandyR (03-04-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks DoW! I know it sounds foolish to say but I just wasn't expecting the concert to be so painful. We left right before the encore b/c I was just beat. My feet are finally not swollen - so that makes me happy again. i am going to another concert in 2 weeks - thankfully a sitting one. i think from now on it will be all sitting concerts.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Who you going to see next? Thank gd you are sitting down,like DOW said i too know what you mean with the painful feet and dizziness i get.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh to be pampered i do not know what that would be like. Enjoy evry minute of it and i hope that it benifits your skin. Congratulations on the new baby in your family. August is a good month i will be 62 on August4. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Angel - Alicia Keys March 12th.
    Bonita - I had a massage when I took my cruise 2 years ago. Best thing ever! Go and get one if you can.