Thread: just introducing myself

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default just introducing myself

hey everyone.. my names sulie.. im 23 years old and was diagnosed last year.. along with lupus i also have RA.. but i think the lupus hurts more =(.. i basically joined for support because no one around me seems to understand how bad i can feel some days where on other days ill be able to deal with the pain just fine.. not really sure of what else to put lol..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi sulie,

welcome to our family, i am so glad that you found this group...there is an incredible amount of knowledge among our members, and you will always find a compassionate shoulder to lean on....however, always lean gently, because we all suffer with the pain of lupus. lol

i saw in another post of yours, that you are plaquenil - this is the standard medication for lupus. Also, you said you take methotrexate every day. I take a shot once a week, and i know of others that take a pill once a week, but i have not heard of every day....i hope you don't have the side effects of mtx every day....
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi Sulie,
    Welcome to WHL. I also have Lupus and RA (along with a couple of other things). It seems to be fairly common to have overlapping Autoimmune diseases. Like Mountaidreamer, I take Plaquenil every day and MTX by injection once per week. Is this what you are doing, too? I hope that it is helping you.
    Fell free to come back to join our chats. There are quite a few of us who are taking the same meds and would be glad to answer your questions.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sulie,

Welcome to the forum.

love Amanda.xx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sulie;
    Welcome to our family. You've already met some of our members and you can see how kind, informative and understanding the people are here.
    Most of us suffer from Lupus along with several other overlapping diseases. Lupus and RA have so many similar symptoms and it is quite common for them to present in the same person. I am sorry to hear that your Lupus is causing you pain right now. What other medications are you taking aside from Plaquenil? Hopefully you will start to feel some relief from the Plaquenil, but it does take some time before that happens.
    You will find that there is always someone here who is ready to answer your questions, give you information, or to just listen and understand when you need to talk. Once again...welcome!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

yeah i take plaquinel and methotrexate everyday.. plaquinel twice a day and metho once a day.. and folic acid 4 times a week.. vitamin d once a month.. they really do help.. before i was on medroll.. not sure how to spell this stuff sorry.. but yeah it didnt do anything.. ill look into the once a week shot thing.. seems easier than taking a pill everyday..

Thanks

Hi Sulie!
    Welcome to the group. I am sorry you have days where you hurt so bad. It seems to be a common thing. Good days and bad days. Our god days are bad days for any other human! How long have you been on the Methotrexate and Plaquenil? Why does your doctor have you taking meth every day? How much vitmain D do you take?
    I take Mathotrexate 10 mg weekly in pill form, Plaquenil 200 mg daily, Vit. D 50,000 units weekly and Folic Acid 1mg daily. My "good" days seem to be days where my body cooperates and I can move but still have pain. My "bad" days are days where it hurts so bad I don't want to even blink. Like you, I used to take a Medrol steroid dosepack once a month and it really helped with the joint pain, but my rheumy has since taken me off of steroids completely.
    I hope you find a treatment plan that works better for you.
    Kim