Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about a friend

Thanks

Default Question about a friend

My friend is being tested for lupus now and one of his big medical problems he's had since he was little is blackouts. Can blackouts be associated with lupus?

Thanks

I have not heard about black outs with lupus yet, but I think it is possible, because I have severe dizziness and feel alot of times like passing out.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

From what he's said to me is that it doesnt usually last long he just gets really dizzy and his head hurts and then he'll just blackout. They'll done MRI's and that kinda stuff but never found anything. And he's been having bad joint problems I think recently so they're doing blood work looking for lupus or some kind of arthritis. I dont know anyone who has lupus and to have one of my best friends tell me he's being tested for it I was just kind of shocked.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i imagine that was a though shock for you...if your friend does have lupus, you will be able to offer him a tremendous amount of assistance. I hope he does not have any auto immune disease.

I too am not aware of problems with actually blacking out, but lupus can be very individualized.

How is school going?
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi, I think your friend should ask about epilipesy (sp) and check out for inner ear disorders. I can't remember the name. But that was one of the things they checked me out for. I had petite mal as a child. So I thought that might be something to look into.

Hope this helps,
    Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh im sorry to hear about your friend Ritz and hope he gets the right care soon.Not sure about this one.Nonna could be on the right road,maybe ear,epilepsy,but i dont know.Could be many things but as long as he goes and gets to the doctor for a check up they will hopefully find out.I know you said other tests have'nt found anything,but if he is having black outs they wont just leave that,they will have to do more and thorough checks.Hope you are ok too.Let us know how he gets on.
    Love
    Amanda.xx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

I know he's had a lot of things checked into already I think but Im not sure what. He's just been a really good friend to me lately so I just dont want to hear that he has any kind of problem with him. I know how much it sucks and I dont want my friend to have to deal with it too =/

I've been ok lately. I just kind of said to hell with it when it came to school lately becuz it was just stressing me out to much and I just needed a break from all the stress. Other than a lot of stress I've actually been feeling a lot better. The stress is making me sooo tired, like way more than usual, but its nothing compared to how crappy I felt a few weeks ago lol

Anywho, I think he said he'll know how his blood tests were sometime soon soo I guess that will be sometime this next week unless they ran some that take awhile. Thanks for the ideas and info.

Thanks

i'm pretty sure blackout has nothing to do with lupus because i read almost everything about it, since i spend like a week in a half in the hospital.

Thanks

Hi Ritz,

It does have something to do with Anti-phospholipid Syndrome which runs with Lupus. APS is a coagulation disorder and tests are usually ran by a hematologist. MRIs on me came back "normal." I want to say they are Beta Glycoprotein IGG and IGM? I had the same and take aspirin. I would highly suggest he get a referral to a hematologist and ask about APS. Once a year, he will need to go in for a aspirin resistance test to make sure he has not become resistant if he does have APS. APS can cause pulmonary and brain aneurysms. Push him to see a good hematologist as well. It is not something you want to mess around with. Hopefully, everything will come back normal.

Keep us updated.

Faith

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Faith For This Useful Post:

ritzbit (02-28-2010)

Thanks

I've also read sooo much about lupus already as well and haven't read anything that would have to with blackouts either. They aren't testing him for lupus becuz of the blackouts though they're testing becuz of other problems including really bad joint pain. I'll mention that to him though and see if any of his doctors have ever thought of that to look for that becuz of all his normal MRI's and such. Thanks for the suggestion I will pass it on to him.